Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j_savarese Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Suzuki GS 550L
    I own a 1982 suzuki gs 550L. I put in a new battery and stator. The battery was fully charged as the manufacturer indicated. I tried starting the bike and it kept turning over but never started. The battery was drained within 5 minutes of tryiung to start it. I jumped the bike with my car and it started right up. I could shut it off and turn it on as many times as I wanted while it was warm. Once the bike cooled, SAME PROBLEM. Something is draining the battery and I don't know what! Sadly, I'm getting quite fed up with it, since this is the second battery I am on thinking it was the problem. I changed the stator thinking that was the problem. I wish my problem was the infamous ignition but I got thrown these problems instead. ANY HELP IS WELCOME.
    Blade-Runner Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Dumb question, but are you using the bike's choke?
    j_savarese Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Easy question... YES. Can't miss it on an 82 suzuki gs 550 model, itz on the clutch handle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1979 Suzuki GS550E [ 3 Answers ]

I know this is a motorcycle, but I couldn't find a motorcycle category. I have a 1979 Suzuki GS550E. I am having problems with my starter. I had the starter rebuilt and a new silinoid put on, when I puch the start button it just clicks. When I get a battey boost pack on it whips right over, I...

Suzuki 250rgv [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My suzuki was running fine.When I went to start it up again yesterday.it starts I pull the clutch but as soon as I kick it into gear. It jerks forward and switches off! While the clutch is still in... someone said it might be the kickstand but I've checked the wires and they seem fine.. what...

Suzuki Marauder Engine noise [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I own a 1997 Suzuki Marauder. This is the VZ800 engine similar to the Intruder. I purchased it new and have about 12,000 miles. I have maintained the bike very well (above what is required). About a year ago I have heard a rattling sound coming from the lower front part of the engine. This...

View more questions Search