Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chemistrylass Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2005, 01:45 PM
    Help Me Please! - Unknown Book Titles
    Please help! I'm looking for the title of 2 books I read as a child. One deals with a handicapped teenager who is dealing with the fact that she got her young brother killed, and plays a computer game in which she slays dragons.

The other is about a group of 5 or 6 teens who are taken from their orphanages and abandoned in a huge warehouse full of steps and bridges. They are taught to dance to a tune to obtain food, and encouraged to be nasty to each other.
    :D
    nl3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2006, 10:50 PM
    Hey Chemistrylass

I don't know about your first book but I know about the book where orphans are abondened in a maze of stairs. I read it in the 80's and it stuck with me all these years. I was just telling it to my husband and was surprise to see the very next day, that someone else has read it. It just blew me away. I thought it was a long shot but I thought the title might have been "Stairs" so I looked it up in Amazon.com for you and for my peeked curiousity and there it was... "House of Stairs" by William Sleator.

This all came about because I was also thinking of a book I read as a teen about two teenage boys who goes missing in the mountains while hiking. They are pressumed dead, but the girlfriend of the missing boy, who is also the sister of the other guy will not give up after finding unexplanable things in her brother's room. With the help of her boyfriend's brother they go searching for answers. Meanwhile another story plot is opened when they introduce two brothers who some how holds the answers that they are looking for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unknown book title [ 2 Answers ]

I read a book about a year ago, and I cannot remember what it was. I will try to remember as much detail as I can about it. It was a sci-fi/fantasy style of book. There was a big city, and its inhabitants had access to all sorts of magic and wondrous things, and were essentially gods as they...

Help finding book titles [ 2 Answers ]

I do not know the titles or the authors, I only have a vague description. The first one is about a boy (?) that finds a dog, wants to keep it and can't, and after trying to find it a home, without success, keeps it in an abandoned car. I was told it was Shiloh, but what I have read of Shiloh...

Unknown Sci-Fi Book [ 1 Answers ]

About 5 years ago I read a book that I would like to read again if only I could remember what it was called. I wish I could remember more about it, but alas I can not. All I can remember is it dealt with an underground civilization that was being explored and they turned out to be rather violent....

Another unknown book title [ 2 Answers ]

I read a book in the late 80's early 90's. It was about a pandemic that kills all adults. Only children under 14-15 survive. The main charcter is a girl, she has a little brother and drives the car to her school. She sets up a safe place at the school and other kids try yo take over the school....

View more questions Search