Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicnic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Frigidaire dryer flipped breaker
    Our dyer is only a year old, FEQ1442CEO, it flips the breaker if on any setting other than no heat. The dryer drum makes a horrible metal on metal sound.. does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 01:18 PM
    #1 It sounds like you have a elect. Short , ( that's 99.99 percent of what causes a breaker to throw ) or trip. IT is very possible that it is in the switch it self. Call a Appliance repairman to check it out. It may get worse and someone may meet who is called by 220. Be safe!! ;'
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Could be tub bearing making the metal to metal sound or the bearings in the motor. A bad motor will defininty cause bearker to trip. As Blue Eagle stated it could also be a bad breaker
    beaudry94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicnic
    Our dyer is only a year old, FEQ1442CEO, it flips the breaker if on any setting other than no heat. The dryer drum makes a horrible metal on metal sound.. does anyone have any ideas?

thanks
    I had the same problem. Mine was a loose heating coil that scraped the drum when it turned. Might be the same thing considering the breaker flips on heat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire dryer [ 2 Answers ]

How do I replace the thermal limiter. I have taken the screws out of the clips, but can't get to the part. The top won't come lose.

Squeaky Frigidaire dryer and GE the same? [ 2 Answers ]

After reading the posts where applguy helped so many people with their squealing Frigidaire dryers, I'm wondering if the same instructions would work on a GE. My dryer has the same symptoms. Any one know if the insides of these two dryers are similar?

View more questions Search