Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissa1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 5

Aug 19, 2007, 01:55 PM
    14month old daughter
    Hiya I'm going on holiday to turkey with my 14month old daughter I took her when she was 4months but that was fine
    I am having real difficulties at the moment she won't eat our food just the baby food in the jars and I really don't want to have to take any jars with me as they will be heavy she is still on her formula milk sma progress and she has 3 bottles a day and water as she doesn't like juice
    Any advice would be appreciated
    Tried her with a variety of foods but she won't eat them she eats toast occasionally and quavers but not proper meals
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Have you tried steamed veggies or fruits?
    Steam them and purée them (maybe with a food processor or even nicely mashed with a spoon).

Aug 20, 2007, 03:17 AM
    Yes tried that one as well still no luck
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2007, 05:30 AM
    Here's some answers I found on the net
    ------------------------------------

My daughter has rejected jar food and baby cereal since she was 8 months old. I found that if I mixed cream of celery soup with peas and diced carrots, finely shredded chicken and very soft rice she would eat it. For breakfast, she would eat eggs and pancakes. Now at 10 months, she has 8 teeth and eats everything in sight. She loves the graduate foods and she loves all types of vegetables, well except califlower.
    ---------------------------------
    Our basic motto is to give our 10-month old only foods that are highly nutritious, rather than fill him up with things like crackers or cheerios. And we don't use commercial baby foods, since they have absolutely no flavour and often a lot of starchy additives that aren't very good for an infant. We steam and purée organic vegetables and fruits and our 10-month old is very happy to eat them - probably because they're full of flavour. And even though our son has only a couple of teeth, we give him tiny bits of meats and cheeses all the time. Just make sure they're cut up very small so your baby won't choke. I'd also suggest broadening the range of fruits and veg you give your baby. You might be surprised at what they like. Ours loves spinach, mango, smoked salmon, and a whole bunch of non-traditional but highly nutritious foods.
    ----------------------------------
    My daughter (10 months today) barely ate mushy foods - I had to progress fairly quickly to mushed up "real" food. Recently though she only wants to feed herself - that means everything in little pieces that she can pick up herself (it creates a great mess but at least she eats!). She now has 2 little teeth at the bottom, but before that I would cut up apple or pear or any of the harder vegetables (eg. Carrots), put them in some water and boil them until soft. She can pick up the soft pieces to eat. I would then feed her the water with a spoon so she got the nutrients from the water. I think it's an independence thing but also, the harder foods feel good on the gums. It's amazing that so many others face the same issues!
    -------------------------------------
    I agree with them wanting to feed themselves. As soon as she could put her fist full of food to her mouth, my ten month old daughter has been eating only finger foods. Except for pudding or baby custard, the IN items have been: baby goldfish crackers, sweet potato puffs, Gerber graduate freeze-dried fruits & veggies, cornbread, breads, hamburger pieces, cheese pieces, the very thin turkey or chicken slices (they're kind of bologna-like). Small pieces of dill-pickle spears also did OK while she was teething. Before she had teeth, she was eating smashed up baked potato or sweet potato (the pieces are bigger than mashed, yet soft enough to gum). The Gerber sweet potato puffs and freeze-dried fruits & veggies also worked well before she had teeth. Scrambled eggs or the yolk of a hard-boiled egg worked. (She really liked peas, but I mash them a little so they are not as apt to choke her!) Just last week I discovered that diced mango (from the frozen food section) placed in a mesh bag feeder is terrific for teething! (but can be a little sticky so I keep her in the highchair while she eats it. Anything she can squish or pick up she will eat. Her favorite is cold, cooked spiral maccaroni! Hope these give you all some ideas to try. Good luck. I let her try to feed herself a teaspoon of applesauce, pudding, or other softer foods just to give her the tactile experience and develop her coordination. If nothing else, she's a mini-Picasso --- finger painting on the tray and flinging it anywhere else. Oh well, you only live once and it can be cleaned up. (If you really want quick cleanup, put an old sheet down on the floor or hang it on the wall.)
    -------------------------------------------------
    All answers taken from
    BabyCenter -- My baby suddenly hates her favorite foods. Help!

Aug 20, 2007, 05:35 AM
    Thanks for that info xxx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I help my 24 yr. Old daughter? [ 15 Answers ]

I don't know what to say or what to do anymore. It saddens me and it is like a heavy burden on my heart. My oldest daughter just recently got divorced (it's not actually final yet) and has moved to the west coast. We are from the Midwest. She went out there to live with an old BF of hers that...

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

Daughter isn't his... [ 7 Answers ]

There's so much confusing stuff that's popped up in our relationship... For two years my boyfriend has though that he had a daughter. He's been providing for her for years, and going out of his way to help his ex wife because of their child. He wouldn't move far, because he wants to stay close to...

Looking for my Daughter [ 15 Answers ]

I have a 20 yr old daughter, Jennifer who 5 days ago disappeared, left everything in her apartment, quit her job and is helping her troubled fiancé hide from the cops. I don't know where she is and if I should call the cops or get involved. She could be in trouble. She is very naïve and trusting...

My 5 Yr. OLd Daughter [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is 5 and in kindergarten. She has said she has kissed 2 boys from pre-k and talks about boyfriends. She always checks her privates out and even touches herself and smells it. She talks about boobs buttholes and penis's. She said she seen a penis sticking out of a photo and I looked at...

View more questions Search