Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alialfily Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2005, 10:38 PM
    Hi please help me (in dos)
    First q. I want to know I can create password in dos not in bioss
    Second there are dos password in my PC in dos not in bioss how can I delet it
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Aug 25, 2005, 05:58 AM
    I used to work a lot in DOS and was one of the last to move on to a Windows OS. Maybe I'm just old and forgetting things, but I don't recollect being able to put a password in DOS unless I wrote a .bat file or editted the autoexec.bat (maybe config.sys).

It is more than likely in the BIOS and removing the battery or jumper should clear this.

To check that there isn't a .bat file being run at startup. Drop to DOS (Start, Run enter "cmd" press [return]).

Type "cd \" [return]

Type "type autoexec.bat" [return], there should be very few if any lines in this file. If there are lines let us know what they are.

Type "type config.sys" again there should be few if any lines in this file.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 25, 2005, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alialfily
    first q. i want to know i can create password in dos not in bioss
    second there are dos password in my pc in dos not in bioss how can i delet it
    As Colbtech said there is NO way in DOS to create a password. You may have been using a third party program that ran when you boot the machine that required a password. If that's the case then that program is listed in either autoexec.bat or config.sys. You have to identify the programs and see how to manage users within it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search