Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sijtoni Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 06:12 AM
    Common cause for back problems
    You don’t have much information about the most common cause of pains: twisted/tilted pelvis. Why? It is very common but so poorly known:
    https://runningtimes.com/rt/articles/?id=10664&page=1

I wish to get explanation what is sacroiliac sprain, sacroiliac dysfunction, SIJ subluxation, ilium upslip, rotated ilium/innominate, tilted pelvis, etc.

Why doctors never check that but instead offer heel lifts?

Tilted pelvis can cause LLI/LLD as (functionally) short leg. Many anatomical leg length differences are not really anatomically but only seems they are because they are diagnosed from 2D picture that is a projection of 3D world. If other ilium is anteriorly rotated (very common) then other femur head is closer to camera and it looks longer. You can easily see 1-2cm difference in leg lengths even it isn’t anatomical but a perspective error because of viewing angle.

What symptoms tilted pelvis can cause on our muscular and skeletal systems?
    -Disc degeneration because other SIJ has lost it’s capability as shock absorber for forces coming from below pelvis?
    - Piriformis syndrome, because of twisted pelvis
    - Sciatica, buttock/groin/back pain
    - Disc herniations, because pelvis is not working symmetrical when bending or lifting
    - Scoliosis, many times called as idiopathic scoliosis because of an upslip?
    - Hip joint arthritis because of the rotated ilium and changed angle of femur bone?
    - Any other? -I know many. I had much more!

Medical literature shows so many different tests and there are a lot of practical studies that show there is no test that using it even two experts would get the same results. Is that a lack of skills or lack of understanding the problem? How can they correct it if they don’t understand what it is?

And (approximately) how common is that tilted pelvis? Many experts say pelvic malposition is very common with LBP-patients. Some are telling it is a cause for problems up to 90% or even 98% of them. Do you agree? Why not? Some MDs say it is a cause of pains in is less that 1% of the cases. What is the reason for so huge difference in opinions? Others are following the pain and others dysfunction?

Do you agree that many children can have it, but they just don’t have any SIJ pain? Pain comes later after walking years with unstable pelvis like I had. And pain comes usually to the other side. And not always even there but sometimes only to groins, buttock or to somewhere else...

I had subluxation/dysfunction on my left SIJ since I was a child and it took 25 years to find someone who found it and knew how to correct it. My low back pain was on my right side so everybody tried to treat that side. Some experts might have tried to treat my left side (I don’t remember because they didn’t explain what they are doing... ) but didn’t get any results, perhaps because of lack of skills I guess.

Even when I had short left leg, tight muscles on the back of my left leg, right heel pain, scoliosis, extended lordosis, bad posture, etc. I also had ischias (sciatica), leg weakness on both legs, high blood pressure, small heart troubles, headaches, shoulder pain, etc.

I don't understand why they treated that other (right) side because my left leg was shorter and my left SIPS lifted when doing the flexion test causing positive signs (also spinal curvature was found) for scoliosis. I guess they just followed the pain and not the cause of the pain? Most of them didn’t check leg lengths nor other landmarks at all...
    paleje Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sijtoni
    You don’t have much information about the most common cause of pains: twisted/tilted pelvis. Why? It is very common but so poorly known:
    https://runningtimes.com/rt/articles/?id=10664&page=1

I wish to get explanation what is sacroiliac sprain, sacroiliac dysfunction, SIJ subluxation, ilium upslip, rotated ilium/innominate, tilted pelvis, etc.?

Why doctors never check that but instead offer heel lifts?

Tilted pelvis can cause LLI/LLD as (functionally) short leg. Many anatomical leg length differences are not really anatomically but only seems they are because they are diagnosed from 2D picture that is a projection of 3D world. If other ilium is anteriorly rotated (very common) then other femur head is closer to camera and it looks longer. You can easily see 1-2cm difference in leg lengths even it isn’t anatomical but a perspective error because of viewing angle.

What symptoms tilted pelvis can cause on our muscular and skeletal systems?
    -Disc degeneration because other SIJ has lost it’s capability as shock absorber for forces coming from below pelvis?
    - Piriformis syndrome, because of twisted pelvis
    - Sciatica, buttock/groin/back pain
    - Disc herniations, because pelvis is not working symmetrical when bending or lifting
    - Scoliosis, many times called as idiopathic scoliosis because of an upslip?
    - Hip joint arthritis because of the rotated ilium and changed angle of femur bone?
    - Any other? -I know many. I had much more!

Medical literature shows so many different tests and there are a lot of practical studies that show there is no test that using it even two experts would get the same results. Is that a lack of skills or lack of understanding the problem? How can they correct it if they don’t understand what it is?

And (approximately) how common is that tilted pelvis? Many experts say pelvic malposition is very common with LBP-patients. Some are telling it is a cause for problems up to 90% or even 98% of them. Do you agree? Why not? Some MDs say it is a cause of pains in is less that 1% of the cases. What is the reason for so huge difference in opinions? Others are following the pain and others dysfunction?

Do you agree that many children can have it, but they just don’t have any SIJ pain? Pain comes later after walking years with unstable pelvis like I had. And pain comes usually to the other side. And not always even there but sometimes only to groins, buttock or to somewhere else...

I had subluxation/dysfunction on my left SIJ since I was a child and it took 25 years to find someone who found it and knew how to correct it. My low back pain was on my right side so everybody tried to treat that side. Some experts might have tried to treat my left side (I don’t remember because they didn’t explain what they are doing...) but didn’t get any results, perhaps because of lack of skills I guess.

Even when I had short left leg, tight muscles on the back of my left leg, right heel pain, scoliosis, extended lordosis, bad posture, etc. I also had ischias (sciatica), leg weakness on both legs, high blood pressure, small heart troubles, headaches, shoulder pain, etc.

I don't understand why they treated that other (right) side because my left leg was shorter and my left SIPS lifted up when doing the flexion test causing positive signs (also spinal curvature was found) for scoliosis. I guess they just followed the pain and not the cause of the pain? Most of them didn’t check leg lengths nor other landmarks at all...
    Not an answer to your question I'm afraid, just to let you know you're not alone.

I've had similar back pain to your description 30 yrs since early teens, of course its easy to shake off at that age but not so in later life. After seeing neurologist, chiropractor, Osteopath, my GP (useless he said it was just osteoarthritis take some painkillers) and recent 9 session physio course. Physio reckons its SI joint malfunction L/H side, causing low back pain, L/H ankle pain, pain whe sitting or driving (R/H side oddly), sometimes shoulder pain, all a bit inconsistent. The only constant is stiffness always in L/H side, tight hamstring L/H, short leg on L/H 'sometimes' - physio said it isn't short but if so why are all my jeans frayed bottom left leg.

BUT physio hasn't shifted the cause of the problem - stretching, exercise only loosens up around the joint at the time, never lasts. I asked him for a written explanation of my condition but he said he can't provide one, too many uncertainties.

I too wonder if there's anybody out there who talks plain language and can address the problem, if you get any joy post again, I will if I get any answers, at the moment I'm just annoyed at getting the runaround.
    sijtoni Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 10:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paleje
    I too wonder if there's anybody out there who talks plain language and can address the problem, if you get any joy post again, I will if I get any answers, at the moment I'm just annoyed at getting the runaround.
    After 15 years of search I found help. Here is how I got help: Video.
    But it is a pity it took so long. And there are many like me who never finds it. Most of them don't even know they have it. Doctors just tell them nothing can be done. But I keep writing about this and let others know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dachshund Back Problems [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old mini dachshund 10 Lbs who has developed a lower back problem. Feb, couldn't walk, treated with steroids for a few weeks, became better. Than July same problem, steroids again. I have limited all her jumping (furniture) and try to keep her quite on the floor level. My question...

Acura Integra Common Problems [ 1 Answers ]

I own 2 1992 Acura Integra's. My first is semi retired with 278,000 miles (purchased with 45000) with very few problems so I bought a seldom used one(showroom shape) 9 months ago with low miles (now 116,000). They both have similar annoying problems living in the Northeast. When the weather drops...

Back problems [ 9 Answers ]

OK I know everybody has this problem but this is really getting to me now! My waist part off my back is anoying me so much... it feels so tight and if I stretch my spine always makes poping noises but it seems the more I stretch the more I need to pop it... now I have to take tylenol pm every night...

Minidasch and back problems [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 3 year old mini daschund. She can hardly walk and whimpers in pain. Her back legs are beginning to go inward. The vet said it was calcium built up on 2 discs. Who knows what happens next? The steroids and nausea meds haven't helped. Will this get better without surgery? Does the surgery...

View more questions Search