Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    philaman Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Aug 25, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    I have couseled hundreds of children and young adults that were adopted.

Thowing aside the ones where the adopted families were abusive or where they divorced. But the ones that were as normal family as we could expect, the older you tell them the more thier desire to find thier "real parents" to fill a empty part of thier person.
    The more younger you tell them, and the more part of making it special to them, the more they understand the adoptive parents are the real parents and the less desire to find anything missing.

The titles adoptive son or the such is never used "ever" but the fact they were shows they are even more speicial since they were picked not just a child that you had no choice in picking out.
    Thank you your comment has answered things that I thought but overlooked... appereciate it
    SPenyweit Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Aug 25, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Tell. "The truth will set you free", "Scratch a lie find a thief" these are all sayings, but they are true. "Set it free, if it returns then it was always yours, if not it was not meant to be" Weird I know, but they are true from many peoples trial and errors. You do not have tpo make the mistake many others have made... "Do the right thing". You know what it is and what it feels like, and although the repurcussion may not feel good at first, eventually the situation will resolve itself because of your honesty, genuiness, and good (on the inside and out).:cool:

PLEASE RATE MY ASNWERS
    kt1205 Posts: 125, Reputation: 4
    -

Aug 25, 2007, 04:33 PM
    They should know the truth. They may start to notice things one day anyway and find out and be mad that you never told them
    lynnfarnham632002 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 10:27 AM
    I feel that it is better to be honest with that person so that they can make their own opinion. I was adopted and was told that my mother was my aunt, and my siblings were my cousins. I now have a good relationship with my brothers and sisters. But my mom passed on to a better place and I did not get to know her as well as I should have. I feel that I got cheated. If this can help you with your decision. If you would like to talk you can e-mail me. Just put adoption in the IM box OK hun? Sincerely Lynn. I also have a question on here if you can help me or want to lok at it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it hard to be an adopted child? [ 3 Answers ]

If you've been adopted, is it hard to hear it your "parents" tell you you're adopted & how do you cope with it?:confused:

Retro Pay of Child Support when son is adopted [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! Just wanted to find out if and how I can get my son's biological father for retro Child Support. My husband adopted my son in 2003. The biological father is not on the birth certificate nor has he been an active role in my son's life. I understand that I must establish paternity first,...

Searching for a child that has been adopted [ 2 Answers ]

My older sister gave birth to a baby girl on the 6th of January 1975 which she called Caroline before she gave her up for adoption. I would like to make contact with this girl if possible and of course if that's what she wants also... I believe her name is Lisa Maree now? I also know that she is...

How do I give up my rights for my adopted child [ 4 Answers ]

My ex-girlfriend and I adopted a child two years ago and since that time she has refused to let me see the child. I have went to court and gotten a court order but she has refused to follow it. She has know accused me of using drugs among other things. She lies consistently. She has taken me to...

Child support for adopted son [ 3 Answers ]

I adopted a son about 4 years ago when I was married shortly after that me and my wife divorce and now I am stuck with paying child support for a none biological son. Is there anything in the law to prevent me from paying child suppor for a adopted son? Also the son that we adopted was my wife's...

View more questions Search