Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dede_mcm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 05:02 AM
    Will personal Chap 13 bankruptcy affect my sub-S corporation in any way?
    I am a part-owner in a sub-S corporation and may have to file C13 bankruptcy protection. I will definitely do anything I can to avoid C7 as I make okay money and I owe the debts I have w/out dispute. I do not want them voided out on the rest of us. Anyway, it is my understanding that under C7, my stock shares would be included in any liquidation (of course that is assuming they are worth anything, which they are not, my business is winding down due to newer technology and will be phased out over time anyway) and my sub-S has actually reported business loss for the past two years. My question is - under Chap 13 protection, can they touch my partner or anything else in my business such as equipment (computers, fax, etc)?

Thanks you for all your advice and time!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 19, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Under chapter 13, nothing is touched to start with, nothing of yours, nothing of anyone's, you keep everything but merely get put on a payment plan to pay everyone.
    fufranklin Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2010, 02:35 PM

If I file Chapter 13,what percentage of debt has to be paid back? Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex husbands debt and certain bankruptcy. How will that affect our real estate? [ 6 Answers ]

My ex husband has a lot of unpaid debt that occurred after he was put on a very long administrative leave without pay. He has creditors calling him and I am certain that soon they will file a civil case against him. If they file a case against him can they take the house that we both purchased...

Personal bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

How long does your old credit stay on your credit report after you file bankruptcy.

Refi a chap 13 [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any bank that will refi a chapter 13? Thanks

Too soon for Chap. 7 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a rather complicated situation. I am 62, and my wife is 63. Due to my wife's medical problems (and bills), she and I had to file chapter 7 and it was granted in 2001. 17 mn.s ago my health failed and I had to go on disability from my job as a minister. My denominations disability Ins....

View more questions Search