Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odonnebc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Smelly fridge - drain pan is the issue
    I've found the issue that is making my fridge STINK! A large quantity of milk has made it's way into the drian pan. The issue is that the fridge (Kenmore Bottom Mount Model 596.61862101) has a drain pan that is not accessible. I've taken off the back panel and can see the pan but you can't actually remove it to clean it because of the other parts.

See the attached photos for the back view as well as the close up of the drain pan containing the orange mold.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can either remove it or clean it in place?

I'm hoping that I can get to it but the smell is so bad that I will have to throw out the fridge if it can't be cleaned.

Thanks.

B.
    Attached Images

MRSD Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odonnebc
    I've found the issue that is making my fridge STINK!! A large quantity of milk has made it's way into the drian pan. The issue is that the fridge (Kenmore Bottom Mount Model 596.61862101) has a drain pan that is not accessible. I've taken off the back panel and can see the pan but you can't actually remove it to clean it because of the other parts.

See the attached photos for the back view as well as the close up of the drain pan containing the orange mold.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how i can either remove it or clean it in place?

I'm hoping that I can get to it but the smell is so bad that I will have to throw out the fridge if it can't be cleaned.

Thanks.

B.
    I have spoke to my husband who is an engineer and his advice is to leave it to the experts and call an engineer don't try to take it apart yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fridge - Drain Pan [ 32 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to clean a non-removable drain pan at the back of the fridge. It is very hard to get at and I think that may be where my problem is. Thanks :)

Smelly Kenmore Fridge - How do I access/clean the pan drain? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a bottom freezer Kenmore Fridge (model 59661862101) and a good quantity of milk slowly spilled inside the fridge without us noticing until it really started to smell. We've cleaned the inside of the fridge but the smell seems to be getting worse. I think that some milk may have gone in...

Smelly fridge water [ 3 Answers ]

I have bought a house and when I got the key the refrigerator was turned off and the doors closed, so you can imagine the smell. I cleaned it, changed the water filter but the water is still smelly. How can I get rid of the smelly water? Nicholas

Smitty Drain pan connection to black PVC drain? [ 5 Answers ]

I am installing a steam generator for my shower. The unit has an attached drain pan with a "smitty drain" 3/4 inch connection. I am lost as to how to connect this to the black PVC drain system in my home. Thanks for any help here.

Smelly Shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

Please recommend how to stop the smell coming from the shower stall drain. The shower is located on the second floor. I have poured bleach down it and let it sit for about 30 minutes but the smell returns. I have read to use oxygenated bleach but I am not sure if this would work any better. ...

View more questions Search