Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hedda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2007, 04:19 PM
    Outdoor lighting
    I have a Hampton Bays outdoor light with a dawn to dusk sensor, but it stays on all the time. I tried to buy a new sensor , but it's out of stock The light #240-336 is a coach lantern. Where canI get a sensor and how much do they cost?
    buzzman Posts: 54, Reputation: 9

Aug 19, 2007, 12:06 AM
    First off, make sure that it actually is a sensor problem. Sometimes these sensors can be bypassed to stay on all the time, just by switching its light switch on and off quickly. Try turning the unit off and waiting 10secs before switching back on. This puts the control back onto the sensor. Also, make sure that it is not just a dusk to dawn sensor, but it also works in conjunction with a motion detector. In most cases with these types of situations, if the problem actually is the light, you are better off buying a new light altogether. Buying parts rarely pays for itself.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2007, 05:27 AM
    Doesn't Hampton Bay crap have a life time warranty?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Female outdoor cat not accepting new male outdoor cat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old spayed female cat that has always lived in our garage and is very spoiled. We live out in the country. A male cat about two years old that is very sweet also showed up and is now neutered. He is not dominate to the female and wants to live in the garage also. They each have...

Outdoor Facuet [ 1 Answers ]

When a hose is attached to the outside faucet and the water is turned on, water spews and runs from under the light grey plastic cap on top of the faucet. The cap has "Antisiphon" on it and from what I understand, this plastic cap is a part of the vacuum breaker. When I try to remove the cap, it...

Outdoor Leaking Spigot [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, this is my first time on this site. I have an older block-style Florida home in Bradenton, where the plumbing pipes are located within the walls. I have a leaking outdoor spigot that needs repairing badly. The spigot handle is circular and that is where the water is coming from. Is...

Outdoor Spa and lighting [ 1 Answers ]

Dear all, Happy holiday's I have two 40amps in the main box that feeding the AC Unit. I would like to know if its possible and code pass in new Jersey, Piscataway. To tap into that conduit at a junction point and extend the required wires in a conduit 30-40 feet to a Spa 50/AMPS @ 240...

Outdoor wiring for pool [ 2 Answers ]

We are thinking of getting a pool for the yard, the pool place said you can't use extension chrods and the best bet is to have a electrican come in and build a trench out side and run the wires underground. I have no clue what so ever about wiring. Does anyone have any idea how much that might...

View more questions Search