Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imxinxonxit Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Aug 18, 2007, 03:45 PM
    1 year old pom hurt neck while playing
    hello all,
    well our precious pom was playing and she somehow hurt her neck.we took her to an animal hospital,she had x-rays which came back normal and blood was normal. The doc said she probably has a slipped disk she was given a steriod injection and pain meds and pregnasone.It has been 2 days and she is still in a lot of pain, we have her crated.Has anyone out there been in our situation? If she doesn't get better she will need surgery which costs about 3,000. We don't have the money,do you think she'll get better?she holds her head all the way back when she is in her worsed pain and shakes all over.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Each case is different. I guess it would be reassuring if somebody with a similar problem reported that their dog did recover. It is amazing what they can do to themselves. Earlier this year my friend's dog guide hurt his shoulder while out playing. He couldn't work for a month or 2, and still isn't allowed to play outside ay more.
    imxinxonxit Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Aug 19, 2007, 05:44 AM
    labman,
    Thanks for responding to my question.she is doing better this morning,I guess time will tell.I always read your answers to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by labman
    Each case is different. I guess it would be reassuring if somebody with a similar problem reported that their dog did recover. It is amazing what they can do to themselves. Earlier this year my friend's dog guide hurt his shoulder while out playing. He couldn't work for a month or 2, and still isn't allowed to play outside ay more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What causes these symptoms in a Pom? [ 4 Answers ]

My good tempered Pom. Threw up on Tue morning, my husband found it and cleaned it up. I did not know when I came home from work that she had been sick. But when I went to let her out of the kitchen she was huddled in the back of her crate and would not come out. She eventually came out on her...

My Pom won't poop outside [ 9 Answers ]

HELP! I know the situation at hand is a little bit of my fault. When I first got Pint, I didn't have the heart to crate train him. Turns out he* trained me*. Whining got him his way. Well, I have been trying, but just can not get him to poop outside. I tried the puppy pads and they worked great...

Poopy Pom [ 3 Answers ]

Our daughter inherited a 6 year old female Pomeranian. She's adorable but she isn't house trained! She prefers to leave her business on the bathroom floor which is very discouraging when one steps in it in the middle of the night, :mad: in fact, our daughter is having to replace the bathroom carpet...

Can you help me with my Doxie-Pom? [ 2 Answers ]

I have had my adorable little Doxie/Pomeranian puppy, Sparky, for a little over a week now. The Doxie is definitely predominant in him. He's been to the vet, and is being treated for parvovirus. How serious is this? The vet said it's rare for a puppy to die from it, but that doesn't exactly...

View more questions Search