Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Purchasing new computer
    Presently I have Hp Pavilion that only has expansion mg memory of 256. It is almost 8 or 9 years old, or older. It is time to get a new one.

I use the computer mostly for pics, music, internet. What would be the best computer to get.

Now I tend to think Hp because I have not had any problems but I do know that most computers now come with 2 or 3 mb of memory. 250 Gb hard drive and premium or home version of windows vista.

I would like to know what are your recommendations? Thank you in advance!

Joe
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Hi, Jesushelper76!

I'm sure that mine is just going to be one of a number of answers that you are going to receive. My personal preference is not to purchase a computer from any type of chain store, but to purchase a hard drive separately and then have someone put a computer together for me and also install the operating system. That way I know exactly what's going into it. I also specify that I want full control over it as the Administrator.

I realize that what I have suggested may not be possible for you. On the other hand, maybe it is. It is just a suggestion. It is possible for me because I have good friend who is a computer tech. We barter in order for me to get a new computer. He is also a musician who has a piano, and I do work on his piano in exchange for a new machine.

Maybe you could pay or also barter with someone? Just an idea.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 18, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Generally you will pay more for a custom built PC then a retail model. And I don't see the need for it with your requirements. A HP Pavilion 6100 to 6120 will be fine for your needs and cost you $700-$800.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Purchasing Foreclosures [ 2 Answers ]

Looking to buy foreclosures with 30k. Need to know where I can get a list of auctions or individual forclosures besides purchasing a web site membership. Also can I finance or do I need to have the entire amount up front?

Purchasing a home [ 2 Answers ]

How do I purchase a very expensive home by paying the back taxes ONLY?

Purchasing a new computer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old computer that continues to work okay but have the opportunity to purchase a new one. Is this a good idea? I have been given a lot of software that I am not able to use on my computer as the OS is so old. My current computer is a HP Pavilion with Windows 98 SE, a 500 mh...

View more questions Search