Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leesh Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Can I be pregnant?
    Hello I'm 19 and yes I am trying to get pregnant but for me its very very hard cause 1 I have abnormal periods but this is what I did for this month 1st off I got my period July 23,2007 I ovualted on the 9th of August but I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on the 7th and he came inside me but from the 8 and the 9th I had very very little cramps so that's another sign telling me I was ovulating but like th 11 and the 12 I started cramping a little threw out the week on and off then when Friday cam I started bleeding but its not usual cause even though my period is abnormal its always on time or it will come late never a week early and its unusual cause I started bleeding Friday and it was heaving for Friday n Saturday I'm confuse is it implantation bleeding or my period can someone please help I want to have a baby so I just hope its just implantation bleeding thanks for all you help
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Aug 19, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Implantation bleeding is actually very rare. But since you had unprotected sex there is always a possibility that you are pregnant. The only way to know for sure is to take a hpt. I would wait a little bit longer before taking one to make sure the hcg has built up in your body. Or you can always get a blood test from the doctor, which is more accurate.
    Remember to take the hpt using your first morning urine.
    Keep me posted.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 19, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Implantation bleeding only occurs in about 1% of pregnancies. It is not even scientifically proven. Think of it this way. The egg, once fertilized is microscopic. So this teeny tiny microscopic being implanting causes bleeding, if this were the case then any time we get a bacterial infection and that bacteria implants somewhere in our bodies we will bleed there. Nope, doesn't happen as most women tend to think.

If your period is abnormal you will have a strange month every now and then, if not late, then early.

Now, you may be one of those 1% of women, however, we can't properly diagnose over the internet. You need a blood test as well as a physical if you think you are pregnant. A physical will show a bluish tinge to your cervix which will indicate pregnancy due to an increased blood flow to that area.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Can girlfriend be pregnant or not [ 2 Answers ]

Hi is it difficult to fall pregnant if girlfriend has endomitriosis

Could I be pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

I am two weeks late for my period and it has been 6 weeks tomorrow since I last started a period!! Could I be pregnant?? :confused:

Could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 21 years old, sexually active, and on yasmin, but I can't always remember to take it at the same time everyday. I'm now 3 days late, with no particular stress, and I had been extremely tired about a week and a half ago, but now I'm having trouble sleeping. I also am gassy, and I am having a...

View more questions Search