Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hettie Posts: 71, Reputation: 8

Aug 18, 2007, 01:31 PM
    My guinea pig makes a funny noise
    My guinea oig makes a funny noise sometimes rather like a cat purring while he is doing this he kind of well vibrates!! Is he shaking and making a noise because he is scared or is this a happy noise.This is my first guinea pig the wee guy is 7 weeks old his eating habits are fine and he seems to be otherwise happy and healthy.He get enough veg < cabbage cabage leafs n carrots> he also gets a vitamin b supplement in his waterand plenty of excersise and petting so what could this weird noise be ibn aid of or he simply just talking to me.Any answers and other piggy info would be great thanks folks
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Hehehehehehe I love that noise he will get noisier as he grows they are wonderful creatures he sounds like he is very very happy with you sweetie enjoy him.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Yup. CBW is very right. They purr when they are happy, happy, happy. If you want to know more about Guinea Pigs, the sounds they make, body language,. just do an internet search on Guinea Pigs. I am sure you will find plenty of info.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Hehehehehe there fab hettie I love them for the noises they make its just so sweet.
    Enjoy him spend enough time talking to him and he will talk back ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Guinea pig death [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I'm kind of new to this but my little girl had 2 guinea pigs, both female. I went to feed them earlier and discovered one of them had died. Is there anything I need to do for the other guinea as I know she'll be lonely without her pal?

Guinea pig playtime [ 1 Answers ]

Hi again, This is similar to my other hamster question but its about my guineas. I want to play with my guineas as well but they are really nervous little things and the slightest noise will make them go wild running all over the show. Also last time I let them out one ran up my pants leg because...

Guinea Pig Hutches and Runs [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering what everyone considers to be acceptable as runs For my rabbit she has a 4ft by 1.5ft box which leads onto her inside run which is 6ft by 3ft. This inturn leads onto a run outside the shed which is 6ft by 7ft. I can't go into quite the same proportions when building my...

Young guinea pig death [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, my son and I got our first guinea pig a couple of weeks ago and the other morning he went out to get it and it was dead. We fed it only the correct grain,carrot, brocholli and apple. It was only two months old and showed no signs of illness. Is this common and what could have been the...

Possible ringworm in guinea pig [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know what over the counter medication can be used for a guinea pig with possible ringworm? Thanks

View more questions Search