Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeHousewife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2005, 03:04 PM
    Kenmore Dryer problems
    Just recently our Kenmore elec. dryer started leaving stains on our clothing. The stains look like the little guy that lives in the dryer and steals socks takes a grease pencil and makes little marks that are from a half inch to 3 inches long. There is usually only one mark on each garment and they are in various locations. We have checked the drum and see nothing obvious that could be causing it. There is kind of a seal thing between the drum and the back of the dryer that looks stained, but I've cleaned it as good as I can and the stains continue. Any ideas, and if you do, is it a diy job?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2005, 04:29 PM
    Go this this web page with "Black Smudges Left on Clothes After Doing Laundry" problem.

http://fixitnow.com/2005/03/black-sm...thes-after.htm

See if this helps
    dryer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2005, 08:32 AM
    Brown marks from Kenmore dryer
    I get the same brown marks and they are from the dryer. The edge of the rotating drum causes them. You can make them yourself by wetting a white towel and pressing it into the edge of the drum. I don't know if it's a seal problem or what. Anyone get it fixed? I'm about to buy a new Non-Kenmore dryer.
    JoeHousewife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2005, 09:25 AM
    Dryer fixed
    We had a retired Kenmore repairman look at it. It was the seal in back of the drum. It was like a $30 replacement seal that had to be glued in place on the outside of the drum. No more stains.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2005, 10:03 AM
    Thanks Joe. Many of the problems here, nobody has successful experience with exactly the same problem. The more reports of what worked, the more everybody knows. I often post what I think will work, even if it is nothing I have done or read about.

I was a little skeptical about the ''its the rollers site''. My 73 Kenmore quit turning because of a badly worn belt. The idler pulley was bad too. I replaced the rollers too, partly became they came as a kit. They weren't in that bad of shape. We raised 2 kids, cloth diapers and all with that dryer. Those rollers were still chugging along over 30 years later. I soured on Sears long ago, but not over that dryer.
    jgrella Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2011, 08:49 PM
    I see this problem often. It is bad rollers or bearings depending on the model of your machine. I would replace whatever your dryer uses. What happens is when the clothes are being dried, the drum shifts from side to side by rollers or bearings being worn. And the clothes get stuck in-between the drum and frame of the dryer. Causing them to get stained.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore HE3 Dryer [ 4 Answers ]

Dryer is getting electricity because the lights come on when a drying selection is pushed. The drum will not turn. When I press the start button, I hear a clicking sound and nothing happens after that! What's up with this?

Kenmore dryer [ 4 Answers ]

My dryer go on but there's no heat I just had it fix for the same problem. I was told it had a breaker that may turn heat back on. HELP I don't know where it is. Thank you.

Kenmore Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My dryer runs. But, there is no heat. Is that an easy fix?

Kenmore dryer issues [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore dryer that has stopped heating. I got a multimeter and tested thermostats, fuses, and the element. Everything has a reading but the high temp thermostat, so I am assuming this is the issue. My question is I looked at it and the thing has a rivet holding it in. How would I go about...

Kenmore Gas Dryer [ 3 Answers ]

When I push the start button it sounds like it wants to start but it won't. I opened the door and depressed the safety switch to see if the drum would turn, It won't. If I keep pushing the start button, after a few seconds it stops making a noise like it is trying to start and begins to click( like...

View more questions Search