Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oasis3011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2007, 01:06 PM
    New to sales
    Hi, I have just got a promotion at work and will be starting as a sales representative for an electrical wholesaler in October and was looking for any advice, help or useful info, books or websites. Anything will be useful because as much as I'm looking forward to it, I'm also nervous.
    Thanks
    Chris
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2007, 11:16 PM
    I was in sales for awhile. I also believe that we all have to be "salespeople" in our everyday lives.

There is a book that I really like. It is called, "Winning Without Intimidation" by Bob Burg. Here is a link: Winning Without Intimidation: The Art of Positive Persuasion It is a short and great read! I highly recommend it. Great for sales people and anyone in general!

People might not remember everything that you say, what you are wearing, how much money you have or don't have, etc. But, they are going to remember how you acted, the way that you treated them and the way that you left them feeling.
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Sep 6, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis3011
    Hi, I have just got a promotion at work and will be starting as a sales representative for an electrical wholesaler in October and was looking for any advice, help or useful info, books or websites. Anything will be useful because as much as im looking forward to it, im also nervous.
    thanks
    Chris
    I have worked in sales for over eleven years. Confidence is key. Believe in what you are selling and convince your buyer that they need it. Focus on the core benefit it will bring them. Do not sell on features (i.e. it has x,x,x,&x) but instead benefits (it has x, which means that it will solve y)

A MUST read (super small and cheap) "The One Minute Salesperson"

another suggestion:
    "How to win friends and influence others" by Dale Carnegie.

Good luck!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 23, 2007, 11:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I was in sales for awhile. I also believe that we all have to be "salespeople" in our everyday lives.

There is a book that I really like. It is called, "Winning Without Intimidation" by Bob Burg. Here is a link: Winning Without Intimidation: The Art of Positive Persuasion It is a short and great read! I highly recommend it. Great for sales people and anyone in general!

People might not remember everything that you say, what you are wearing, how much money you have or don't have, etc. But, they are going to remember how you acted, the way that you treated them and the way that you left them feeling.
    Bullseye again Clough, remember the old expression "leave them laughing", I think what this really means is leave them feeling good (warm & fuzzy) AND trusting you.:)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 24, 2007, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer
    Bullseye again Clough, remember the old expression "leave them laughing", I think what this really means is leave them feeling good (warm & fuzzy) AND trusting you.:)
    MORE THAN WELCOME, MY FRIEND... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outside sales? [ 2 Answers ]

[ok here's my question, I have checked out many sales poss. However I find most of them ,quite fake, and very dishonest. Can anybody tell me about the company called FULLER BRUSH COMPANY? ARE THEY EAZY TO SELL? BRAD

Sales Journal [ 1 Answers ]

I just need to know if I did this correctly. The directions state that Middleton Co. uses a sales journal, a purchases journal, a cash receipts journal, a cash disbursement journal, and a general journal. Here are the following transactions. 3-2 Sold mdse costing 300 to B fager for 450 cas, invc...

Thank you letter for sales [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking for some sample thank you letters to send to customers following our introductory meeting.

High Pressure Sales with Private Sales Clubs [ 4 Answers ]

To Whom: Is it legal in the state of Rhode Island/Connecticut for a private sales club (Direct Buy) to force a prospective member to join immediately after a forced one hour sales pitch? Direct Buy instructs their prospective customers that if they don't apply for membership immediately they...

View more questions Search