Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    conman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2007, 04:26 AM
    Garter snakes and when they come out
    I was just wondering around what time of day do snakes come out I live in newyork thanks

Sincerely,
    conman:
    swirlgirl Posts: 74, Reputation: 14

Aug 18, 2007, 05:10 AM
    They can come out anytime of day. When I mow my huge lawn which is next to the woods, I come across them at whatever time of day I mow. I live in Illinois, but I would think the state you live is does not matter.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2007, 05:14 AM
    Snakes do not have a set time of day to be active. Snakes are cold blooded though. Therefore with your living in ny I would suspect that you will see them "sunning" during the warmer times of the day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Snakes [ 2 Answers ]

:o I have always wondered when snakes in my area come out of hybernation. I have many leaves to clean up & have been scared by lizards & snakes enough! I live in Bangor, Pa. Can someone answer my question? Thank you for your time with this request! Wendy ;D ;D ;D ;D

Snakes [ 4 Answers ]

What type of snakes would you find in the Jungles in South America? Which ones wrap themselves around and suffocate their prey?

Dreaming of Snakes. [ 1 Answers ]

I have had snakes in my dreams all my life and I love reptiles so there is absolutely no fear there. But there has been two instances in my life: 1. I dreamt I was on my grand-parents's land (a place I love very much in South-Africa). When I saw a "Many-horned Adder", it bit me by the foot and...

Snakes [ 5 Answers ]

We live on 10 acres and are currently living in a camper trailer while we renovate our home. We have garter snakes and I am terrified of them, so much so that I won't leave the camper during the day unless absolutely necessary. (I know that they are harmless and eat mice etc. etc. but suppose...

View more questions Search