Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kcrhodes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2005, 06:45 PM
    Large font - is this a virus?
    Today for the first time, my Yahoo page is displayed in really large font, then other pages are normal. Then some pages will have part large font and part normal. Has anyone had this issue - or know what it is.. I did spybot and ad aware and it didn't change anything. Thanks.
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Aug 23, 2005, 08:26 PM
    Hello,

It may be also important to note what browser or internet service you are using... such as Internet Explorer, Netscape, Firefox, AOL...

Maybe we can help you a little more.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2005, 03:15 AM
    I'll lean toward it not being a virus...

If you're using IE, go to Yahoo, then up to View > Text size, then change the text size to what suits you... or to how it used to be.

Navigate around a bit, then go back to Yahoo. How's it look?
    kcrhodes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2005, 04:04 AM
    Thanks rick
    Rick, THANKS! I feel kind of silly because I must have hit the font by accident but you know... I am so freaked out by viruses now. What you had suggested worked. I appreciate the help. THANKS THANKS THANKS!
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2005, 04:42 AM
    You are welcome! :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 24, 2005, 05:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kcrhodes
    rick, THANKS!! i feel kind of silly because i must have hit the font by accident but you know... i am so freaked out by viruses now. what you had suggested worked. i appreciate the help. THANKS THANKS THANKS!!
    I have been using cyberspace and computers since the mid 80s. In all that time, I have NEVER had a machine I used personally infected by a virus. Basically, I practice safe computing. I use an A/V program. I don't download files form anyone that I an not 110% sure of. I'm careful where I surf.

My point is don't let viruses freak you out. If you are careful, you can keep your system virus free.

As for the font issue. If you have a Wheel mouse and hold down the Ctrl key as you turn the wheel, the font size will change. I suspect that's what happened to you.
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2005, 05:40 AM
    I 2nd that. I've never had a virus.

... not because I'm a genious, but because I keep my firewall and antivirus (Norton Internet Security) updated.

Whenever you hear that "50 million have been infected with ________", it's akin to saying "Here's 50 million people who have not been diligent about protecting themselves"
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 25, 2005, 05:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickj
    Whenever you hear that "50 million have been infected with ________", it's akin to saying "Here's 50 million people who have not been diligent about protecting themselves"
    Rick,
    Oh do I agree with that. It amazes me that, with all the publicity and warnings about viruses, malware, phishes and other scams, that people still fall for them.

Scott<>

P.S. I got LogMeIn working. I'm very impressed.
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2005, 05:09 AM
    Yep. Crazy, isn't it.

And yes, LogMeIn is just great. I can't believe people are paying such big bucks for GoToMyPC when the freebie version at LogMein works so well.

... but I'm hijacking this thread, so I'd better go... :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need name of older movie [ 2 Answers ]

It most probably was on television late 70's early 80's. There was a woman who cured the sick by touching them. I remember one scene in which she stopped a little girl's nosebleed. I know it's not much, please help if you can. Thanks!!

Do you recognize this font? [ 1 Answers ]

I've got this font I'm trying to find for a client. It's "The simple pleasure" part here. Said her friend got it for her from mfont.com, which is non-existant... so I'm rooting through www.myfonts.com for it... but there's zillions. Anyone got a name for it that might help my search? ...

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search