Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Blower motor power
    Hello ,
    I have a magic chef furnace that was working and all of a sudden quit. I am getting power to the furnace, and motor is good because I removed motor and had it professionally tested. I was not getting power to blower motor but could hear the click from the relay, I tried both heat and cool and both auto and on and still no blower.by this description alone does it sound like a common problem?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2007, 02:23 PM
    I would test voltage, and verify power to motor, if none, check in and out of relay.
    Motor could have went bad on the way home, or they meant to test it.
    The relay is working off 24 volt transformer and thermostat. They sound OK.
    Because a relay clicks, does not mean it is OK. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower motor [ 2 Answers ]

My blower motor for my furnace is not spinning. I opened up the cover and asked my wife to turn on the AC. When she turned it on,the motor just made a humming sound, but the cage did not spin.When I touched the motor it was pretty hot and there was a faint burning smell. Do I need to buy a new...

My blower motor won't stop running . Heat or A/C compresor won't turn on. Tapped on relay still don't shut off. It is a Carrier model#58GS100-2 please help hott in here. Thanks

How do you install blower motor in a gas furnace?

Blower Motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have read multiple posts about wiring for blower motors and saw one that almost answered my question. I have an old blower motor that I would like to convert to a shop air filter. I know that it is a multi-speed motor. It has 8 wire connections and are labeled as such: Power cap cap ...

View more questions Search