Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Who wants to live forever?
    Had an interesting conversation today about the advancements in medical science. The person I was talking to said that he believed one day he thought ageing could be halted. I said why would anyone want this? Living forever to me seems like the ultimate horror. And I don't even believe in an afterlife so I'm not banking for that.

So my question is:-

Who want's to live forever - and why?

Very interested to find out what everyone thinks.
    Hope this is in the most appropriate place - didn't know where to put it!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 12:59 PM
    I would rather not live forever,
    it is a hard life, a cruel world,people are getting more and more materialistic as time passes,human dignity is losing value,human lives are not respected...
    not fun staying the same age,we will lose all the experiences of growing up,growing old and acting "wiser" in front of our grandchildren :D

Need I say more... :rolleyes:
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2007, 02:20 PM
    I also would rather not live forever. What would be the point of it all? Just to watch the increasing moral sickness and perversion in the world? Gee, that would be something great to look forward to. With the lack of respect shown to elders now, I cannot imagine it being better, should I have the ability to live forever. Thanks, but no thanks.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 02:38 PM
    This is exactly what I thought but the person I was talking to was so adamant! I thought I was being weird. It is good to have some affirmation.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by templelane
    This is exactly what I thought but the person I was talking to was so adamant! I thought I was being weird. It is good to have some affirmation.
    Life is not a fairy tale for anyone, I guess that is the one reason no one wants to live forever... :)

Now along with the long life, if we could have the perfect world, then I am up for a life that lasts forever :)
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 03:10 PM
    The hardest thing for me about getting older is being bereaved of those I love. If it could be arranged that everyone I love could live (in vibrant good health, of course) forever as well, I might go for it. Otherwise not.

By the way, I don't think people are getting worse and the world is going to hell in a handbasket. Compared to the world of, say, 300, 3,000 or 30,000 years ago, I think we're better off, and I don't mean just materially.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Single Forever [ 9 Answers ]

Hi people, I'm 23 yr old man, I never ever had relationship, is kind of embrrasin for me 2 say this but I'm very shy man, because of my shyness I found difficult 2 approach women. I'm good looking guy but I'm very shy and women don't like that kind of men. I get very unconformable around women...

Live with mom- want to live with dad across country [ 3 Answers ]

I live with my mom with my 3 siblings. She has full custody. My dad is getting married and moving to California. I want to go with him. He knows that and says its OK if my mom says its OK. If my mom says no, what happens? Do I go to court? Do I easily loose if I don't have a ligitiment reason to...

Can I live with this man forever? [ 8 Answers ]

I am currently engaged to my fiancé of 1 year and am beginning to wonder if I can live with this stubborn man for the rest of my life. The most recent altercation was only a few hours ago. Let me give a little background first: We are both students in a graduate program living together. I am...

Seems like forever [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so my story is long but I don't have a lot of people to listen to me, I met my now ex boyfriend at a get together about 2 years ago, my best friend said she knew he was in love the first time he looked at me, we ended up hanging out all night, and for the next 8 months just became the best of...

Wife works and live in nj, I live and work in ny [ 1 Answers ]

Due to my job in nyc, I have to maintain a residence nyc. I rent not own a house in nyc. My wife lives in a house with our kids in nj and also works there. How do we file for taxes.:confused:

View more questions Search