Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetlillady Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Being teased in class
    Hi, I just turned 13 for the past 2 years in my junior high school kids have teased me about my weight. I am skinny. I am so unhappy about it and it is not only because they tease me about it. My metabolism is somewhat fast. I am never hungry but I push myself to eat because I know and want to be healthy. I also become full very fast and that concerns me. But again I push myself to eat more. I am also drinking a product named ensure and taking vitamins. I try not to confront my classmates who tease me because agree with them. :confused: What should I do?
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Aug 17, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Hunny I know how you feel when I was in junior high I was teased very much because unlike you I was over weight. People can be so crewl, and its very hard sometimes to deal with it. I learned that when you in a situation like that, I would just look at the and laugh. I know its easier said then done, but 90% of the time that they do it is because they want to get a rise out of you. You know what to I bet they are jealous of you too. I would kill to have a high metabolism. And your young still, believe me, it will slow down. And just keep doing what your doing, because it will pay off in the long run. Take care of yourself hun. And if it becomes too much of a problem go to the doctors just to get check out just to make sure there is nothing wrong from prventing you from being to skinny...

Aug 17, 2007, 11:24 AM
    To: FOXY459459

Thank you! I appreciate someone who has dealt with a similar problem will have the heart to help. Thank you a lot. I appreciate it
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 11:27 AM
    What should you do? Laugh along with them. Make jokes about your skinniness -- "I can slide through keyholes, so watch out!" or "I'm working toward becoming invisible, then the world will really be in trouble!"

My mother gave me lots of good advice. One of the best was "Somehow turn the tables on your enemy. Do what he leasts expects." Your "enemies" in jr high may want you to be ashamed and cry, or maybe are just thoughtless and tease you, not realizing how their words hurt.

Certain Bible stories and also Sun Tzu's classic, The Art of War, a Chinese military treatise written during the 6th century BC, give strategies in how to deal with those who seem to be in opposition to you. Here are some quotes from Sun Tzu:

"Attack [the enemy] where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

"He will win who, prepared himself, waits to take the enemy unprepared."

So, sweetlillady, catch those rascals unprepared! Make unexpected jokes about yourself right along with them.

Please report back what happened.

(And I bet you look fantastic in all those clothes your chubbier classmates can't wear easily... )
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Oh, yes, laugh with them.

My daughter's best friend, 13, is extremely skinny and VERY tall for her age. She is 5 feet 7 inches and only weighs 89 pounds.

She just jokes back with them when they pick on her.

Her favorite is "Watch out I can hide behind that broom and listen to all your secrets"

OR

She'll stick out her tongue and say "Look, I'm a zipper!!"

After they learn that they aren't bothering her, the teasing stops. She makes a lot of friends this way because she seems so self-confident.

Aug 17, 2007, 11:45 AM
    You don't have to thank me hun, Do what you feel is right, don't let them jerks bother you. Look where they are in life, and how low they are to you. Your better then that. Just remember that it doesn't matter what anyone thinks about you, it just matters what you think of yourself... always love yourself and never stoop to their level, because your better then that.

Aug 17, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    What should you do? Laugh along with them. Make jokes about your skinniness -- "I can slide through keyholes, so watch out!" or "I'm working toward becoming invisible, then the world will really be in trouble!"

My mother gave me lots of good advice. One of the best was "Somehow turn the tables on your enemy. Do what he leasts expects." Your "enemies" in jr high may want you to be ashamed and cry, or maybe are just thoughtless and tease you, not realizing how their words hurt.

Certain Bible stories and also Sun Tzu's classic, The Art of War, a Chinese military treatise written during the 6th century BC, give strategies in how to deal with those who seem to be in opposition to you. Here are some quotes from Sun Tzu:

"Attack [the enemy] where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

"He will win who, prepared himself, waits to take the enemy unprepared."

So, sweetlillady, catch those rascals unprepared! Make unexpected jokes about yourself right along with them.

Please report back what happened.

(And I bet you look fantastic in all those clothes your chubbier classmates can't wear easily....)

Hehehe. Those joke suggestions are very good I will defenitely use them.
    :) :p . Thanks for making me laugh. I will attack the "enemy"!
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 11:52 AM
    I agree with the others... let their mean words bounce right back at them. Laugh with them and they will see that it's no fun for them to pick on you anymore. I know EXACTLY how you feel. In middle school I was about 4'11 and weighed probably around 80lbs... all of the other girls had curves, boyfriends, lots of friends... blah, blah, blah. I was poked fun at a lot and trust me, laughing with them works! This also helped me to make friends because they saw me a little differently after that. I suffered through middle school but when high school rolled around and I gained a little weight everything changed. People thought I was petite and cute... all that jazz. You will love your petite frame after a while, just give it a little more time!

Aug 17, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Oh, yes, laugh with them.

My daughter's best friend, 13, is extremely skinny and VERY tall for her age. She is 5 feet 7 inches and only weighs 89 pounds.

She just jokes back with them when they pick on her.

Her favorite is "Watch out I can hide behind that broom and listen to all your secrets"

OR

She'll stick out her tongue and say "Look, I'm a zipper!!"

After they learn that they aren't bothering her, the teasing stops. She makes a lot of friends this way because she seems so self-confident.
    Yeah. I am going to laugh with them and make jokes. I dance a lot too and that is also a big part of what makes me skinny also and just because they tease me doesn't mean I have to lose my passion of dancing to gain weight to make them happy. Thank you by the way

Aug 17, 2007, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rankrank55
    I agree with the others...let their mean words bounce right back at them. Laugh with them and they will see that it's no fun for them to pick on you anymore. I know EXACTLY how you feel. In middle school I was about 4'11 and weighed probably around 80lbs...all of the other girls had curves, boyfriends, lots of friends...blah, blah, blah. I was poked fun at a lot and trust me, laughing with them works! This also helped me to make friends because they saw me a little differently after that. I suffered through middle school but when high school rolled around and I gained a little weight everything changed. People thought I was petite and cute...all that jazz. You will love your petite frame after a while, just give it a little more time!
    I am 4'9 and 76 pounds. Almost like you when you were my age. Before they used to make fun of my height to but I love my height and think that I also have advantages of being short.
    cutelady77 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2007, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetlillady
    Hi, I just turned 13 for the past 2 years in my junior high school kids have teased me about my weight. I am skinny. I am so unhappy about it and it is not only because they tease me about it. My metabolism is somewhat fast. I am never hungry but I push myself to eat because I know and want to be healthy. I also become full very fast and that concerns me. But again I push myself to eat more. I am also drinking a product named ensure and taking vitamins. I try not to confront my classmates who tease me because agree with them. :confused: What should I do?
    You should not care about them kk

Aug 17, 2007, 12:01 PM
    Being short is AWESOME! Plus who what's to be a giant! Lol

Aug 17, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy459459
    Being short is AWESOME! Plus who whats to be a giant! lol
    Thanks, is there a possible way to add friends on this website? Please tell me because if it is possible I would like to add you for all the support.

Aug 17, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Just click on there names and you'll see where you can do that
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Click on the names and click on Add to Buddy List.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Not everyone can be the same if we were can you imagine how dull the world would be?
    Fifi17 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2012, 07:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetlillady View Post
    I am 4'9 and 76 pounds. Almost like you when you were my age. Before they used to make fun of my height to but I love my height and think that I also have advantages of being short.
    haha I am 4'9 and 75 pounds! :) just ignore those kids. I am in middle school and teased because of my crooked front teeth. Once I showed I didn't care I made way more friends! Just laugh or turn away. Act as though u don't hear them or you don't care. As most people said, you can also laugh. I hope I helped ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Class of racehorses [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know the class of a racehorse?Can you put the class in order like Grade 1 and down?

Why am I always teased? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 19, 5ft and approx 130lbs. I used to be a size 8 /10 (uk) and I am now a 12. I am also on the depo injection which meant I gained quite a lot of weight along with being depressed. Anyway, all my life I've been picked on for either my height, weight, general look, clothing, being ugly (face)...

Something from physics class [ 3 Answers ]

Carol drops a stone into a mine shaft 122.5m deep.How soon after she drops the stone does she hear it hit the bottomof the shaft?

Class assignment [ 4 Answers ]

I have an assignment in my ag mechanics class. I am looking for ideas. I'm coming up blank. I need to design as 12-15 minute activity dealing with anything ag mechanics, like woodworking, electricity or engines. Please help

View more questions Search