Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stanleykvn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2007, 05:04 AM
    My Skin is DRY. Then It's OILY!
    Hi There...

PLEASE HELP WITH BEST ADVICE!

I don't know what to use anymore... When I wash my face in the mornings it's dry as hell after the soap (I have used all kind of soaps including health products... ) My skin is so so so dry! Later the day it becomes very shiny and oily..! If I used a moisterizer in the mornings after I've washed my face, I GET PIMPLES!

Please help! I'm fed up!

Kind regards,

Stan
    South Africa:(
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2007, 05:22 AM
    I find that shower gel does not dry my skin anywhere near as much as most soaps, so you may want to try that.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 19, 2007, 01:22 PM
    I recommend AcneFree. It is what I use right now. That's how I was, I had clearsol that would dry my skin out like crazy so I stopped using it or would put on some type of moisturizor and then I would get acne. I found AcneFree which works in 3 steps, 1.) Clears away dead skin cells and such (use this in the shower). 2.) The actual acne killing stuff 3.) a thing that replenishes the skin. So now my face is healthy and acnefree (Really). This is my personal experience it may not work for you but you should try it. Its like 30 dollars for the kit. Go to costco or sams club or something they usually have a deal where you are getting twice as much of a normal kit for like only 5 dollars more.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 01:26 PM
    If its available in South Africa I would recommend using something like Dove soap. Its non-drying and will provide a little bit of moisture to your skin.

The oily thing by the afternoon is pretty common. Most people experience that. As a woman I use oil control lotion in the morning then use oil blotting powder in the afternoon - my guess is that would not work for you ;)

Maybe just simply wash you face with some warm water in the afternoon to get rid of the oil.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 19, 2007, 01:29 PM
    There are pads my sister use to use that took th oil off your face. It like like paper and it was really gross but it worked good. She would rub it on her face and the oil spots on the paper turn a different color. By the time she was done, the paper was not its original color lol
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 01:37 PM
    Good call sgt...

Yes they do sell blotting papers and its not like makeup or anything like that. You simply take a sheet and blot the oil off your face.

I just did a search on Amazon.com for blotting papers and tons of them came up. You may want to investigate. Some of them do smell like rose or lavender so you can check them out on your own.
    Randomness12345 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2013, 03:03 PM
    I have dry skin too so this would be great for me. Where exactly can u find the cream

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Facial skin changed from oily to dry [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I used you have oily face skin that I never applied anything on my face even in winters while in India. 1.5 years back, I moved to beijing whose climate is extremely dry so from this winters that is since January my facial skin has become quite dry. Now it is so humid and hot here...

Oily skin. How do I get rid of it? [ 5 Answers ]

How do I get rid of an oily face? Even if you told me a good skin cleanser that you've used, it would help a lot thanks...

Oily skin [ 3 Answers ]

My skin is so oily. No matter what I do, it's still oily. Any tips or advice to dry it out some??

The perils of oily skin! [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, so, I wake up in the morning to find my face very oilly, mainly round my nose. I presume this means I have oilly skin? I ask because Ive had so much medication because I used to be quite worried about my acne, and I've heard that medication can make dry skin actially act oilly, as it over...

Oily SKin [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm having trouble w/ oily skin, large pores and adult acne. I cannot control it at all. I'll try a new product and it will do good for about a week, then my face becomes prone to it and not work at all. I have Epilepsy and am on excessive amounts of medication and magnesium. I'm being...

View more questions Search