Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UH97 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 06:48 PM
    Toilet Bubbles After Rain
    Hello,

Today we had 9 inches of rain due to a Tropical Storm. It has rained constantly since this morning. When we finally made it home from work we noticed our two down stairs toilets would occasionly bubble up air. My wife decided to flush one and the water came up. After about an hour of bubbling it finally went down. The one toilet I have upstairs would flush. Is this because of the amount of rain we had?
    rubinwolf Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 08:33 PM
    Its very possible that you have a clog and the heavy rain is causing a backup, but I'm experiencing similar situations that I can't get answers to as well. I would get the line snaked and never throw anything down the toilet like tissue paper, tampons, condoms, or food down toilet or sink. If you live in an apartment or condo with multiple units educate neighbors about this, which is only common sense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet rises and bubbles when another toilet is flushed during heavy rain [ 1 Answers ]

Toilet rises, bubbles and partially empties itself when another toilet is flushed. The water drains fine from the flushed toilet. House is ranch stlyle on a slab and connected to a public sewer system. The toilets are not back to back, but about 10 feet apart in two separate rooms We had heavy...

Toilet Bubbles [ 1 Answers ]

My toilet belches air once in awhile. It seems to be while our clothes washer is running. The toilet drains fine. They are on the same level of the house. Thanks

Bubbles in toilet [ 1 Answers ]

What does it mean to have bubbles appear in the upstairs toilet when I flush? I've never had a problem with it (no overflow or slow flow), and the main sewer line out from the house was recently reamed with a snake. Am I in imminent danger of a sewage backup? Or do I just need that line snaked out?...

Basement toilet bubbles when upstairs toilet is flushed and washer drains. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Just recently (last few days) my toilet in the basement bathroom has begun to bubble. This is caused when one of the upstairs toilets (directly above it) flushes but not another one upstairs. It also bubbles quite rapidly when the clothes washer drains. The washer is located in the...

Toilet bubbles [ 1 Answers ]

I built my house a little over a year ago, and did everything myself to save money, however I am not a professional plumber. I am located in the country, so I did not pull any permits. My plumbing has worked fine up until about a month ago. My drain starts at the kitchen sink, and runs 20' in 2"...

View more questions Search