Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tylersdad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 01:46 PM
    My son will be 12 in October and wants to come live with me.
    Well I am new to this so here we go. My son wants to come live with me, and I don't know if his mom will fight me on this. We have been divorced since he was 2 and I had to fight almost two years in court to get the normal visitation I have now. I get him every other weekend and holidays and have only miss the time I was in Iraq. His mother has been married 3 times and recently divorced her last husband. My son has been moved from place to place all his life and now they live in a new place my son, his mother and his youngest sister. His oldest sister lives with her grandma she has custody of her. My son told me last weekend that he has nothing at his moms new house except his clothes. He said he sleeps on the couch and his sister sleeps with her mom. My son told me last weekend that he wants to live with me, and my wife and I would really like that. He has told me that his mother is not stable and that he would rather live with me cause he is tired of being alone. (She works nights 2 weeks and days 2 weeks and on the days that she works nights he is there alone.) He has been texting me every night since last weekend telling me goodnight and that he loves me. The first night his mom got mad and told him he was wasting minutes by texting me. I really want him to come live with me, but I don't know what to do??
    Oracleofwisdom Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Aug 16, 2007, 04:10 PM
    If its want you want and its what he wants fight with all your heart. I miss my kids so much I am now in tears typin this, because your situation is not disimular to mine. I wish my kids were as yours and wanted to be with me. You have an amazing opportunity. If your boy is sure and its not just a whim because he is pd off let not money nor fight stand in your way. You say you would love it and your partner would too, so why are you asking the question, fight, fight with all you can and then some more. BUT be sure you take care of that kid better than anyone love him more than yourslef don't let him down he will remember it, and then you will regret your decision because he will turn on you as he has his mum.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 16, 2007, 04:20 PM
    You need to get an attorney and file a petition for change of custody. The judge will listen to your son's wishes, but will still make a decision based on the best interests of the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son wants to live with his dad? [ 16 Answers ]

my son is 14 yrs. Old he has a good life with me and his sister and stepdad. He is an honor student in school and on the high school football team. The problem is we live in Ohio his dad lives in Missouri, we moved here five yrs' ago, we own our home and both have been on or jobs for yrs. He visits...

Being evicted because owners son wants to live here [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am new at this but would like some advice. My Family and I have lived in this home for approx. 9 years. We did not sign a lease or contract. It was verbal on a month to month basis. The problem is the original owner (Landlord) died over a year ago. He left this place to one of his kids. They...

My son wants to live me me [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 10 years old, since he was 7 weeks old he has stayed at mine every weekend without fail.when he started junior school I picked him up on Friday from school then he spends all weekend at mine then I take him back to school on Monday. I can tell his not happy at home because he never wants...

My son wants to live with me [ 4 Answers ]

I am still married and I'm not legally separated my 12 almost 13 year old son wants to come live with me horribly bad he cries and says he is going to kill himself or run away and my wife doesn't care she won't even let him come visit me it is killing him what is the fastest way that I can get my...

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month [ 1 Answers ]

This is just a little note to remind all of my women friends out there that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. You all need to do a breast self-exam monthly. If you do not know how, post here and I will help you. Please do this monthly so that you can receive early treatment if a lump...

View more questions Search