Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Name Change Causing Problems.
    Keeping in mind that I am in the UK, can anyone offer some advice.

A friend asked me to see if anyone can help with this problem. She and her partner split up after having a child together. The child had her father's surname but after a year of no contact with him the mother decided to change her daughter's name to her own. This was never officially done but registered with school and doctors and has been known by this surname for 15 years. Her daughter is now 16 and whenever any documentation is filled in everyone requests proof of name change. Of course, the daughter's birth certificate has her official name on but other documentation has the mother's name but no official documentation with name change on. Would it be best for my friend's daughter to change her name by deed poll now because she has no proof of the name change other than school stuff, national insurance card. She need to open a bank account for her daughter now but needs advice first. Thanks in advance and hope that wasn't too confusing.

Check out some similar questions!

Co-worker causing problems [ 3 Answers ]

My co-worker on my shift has another supervisor other than my boss because they are engaged. I have no idea why she is angry with me other than she wants all the attention and insecurities with her relationship. It has come back from other workers in the business that she is asking them on...

Graphic cards causing problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all! I had an Asrock P4i65G motherboard and I just bought a new one (the same). When I connect the monitor (Eizo Flexscan L365) to the integrated graphic card (Intel Extreme graphics 2) , the screen is blurred. I tried adjusting the screen settings with no success. When I connect the AGP...

Water line break causing problems [ 1 Answers ]

This morning I noticed a river of water coming out of my front yard so I called the water company and they came out a replaced the pvc connecting my residence to the water system with brass. Since then I regained adequate pressure in all of my faucets but both of my toilets will not refill when...

New sink causing drain problems, not from clog [ 3 Answers ]

I just had a shop sink installed about six feet away from my kitchen sink. The guy who did it insisted it would work but now the kitchen sink does not drain well at all, nor does the shop sink. Here's the setup. The kitchen sink has a trap and then the pipe goes down almost to the floor and then...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.