Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Becca_hair_trauma Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Hair Dye Trauma-Hair turned way too dark
    I naturally have darkish brown hair that gets lighter in the summer, then I got highlights, and one time bleach was used. I decided I didn't want so much maintenance, so I decided to dye it back to my natural color. However, the color now is SO dark, and I hate it! I bought a clarifying shampoo and have washed my hair 8 times in the last 2 days. It doesn't look any different to me. I just don't like how dark it is. Suggestions PLEASE!! Thank you.
    Treeny Posts: 229, Reputation: 20

Aug 16, 2007, 09:01 AM
    The hardest thing to do is to go from colred dark to lighter! It may turn orange, that is what
    Happened to my daughter she tried to go back to natural dark blonde with brown color onher
    Hair and it turned orange! Go get it professionally done they will have to strip all the color out first. If I were you I would try to give your hair a rest and do nothing for a couple weeks.

Aug 16, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeny
    The hardest thing to do is to go from colred dark to lighter! It may turn orange, that is what
    happened to my daughter she tried to go back to natural dark blonde with brown color onher
    hair and it turned orange! Go get it professionally done they will have to strip all the color out first. if I were you I would try to give your hair a rest and do nothing for a couple weeks.
    Thank you SO much for your response! So you would say wait a couple of weeks... how necissary is that? What did your daughter do? The thing is that I don't even know what my natural color is because it's sooo hidden by this horrible dark, gothic hair on my head. I wish they had done of a strand test, but of course, I wouldn't have known to ask for that! Any other advice??
    Treeny Posts: 229, Reputation: 20

Aug 16, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Wait because your hair is going to be like straw, and damaged if you don't. Put deep conditioner treatments on. And after a week or so if you still hate it or if it don't lighten up a bit from washing, go to a good salon. My daughter put a darker color in to get rid of the orange andit was darker than she wanted but she left it alone and as the week went by it lightened up a bit and it was permenent hair color but it does still fade a bit after washing. She has left it alone now and wants to go get it professionally done after it grows out a while
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Aug 16, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Permanent hair color gradually fades each time you shampoo your hair. If the color is too dark, it may take a couple of weeks to fade. Try using Prell, dandruff shampoos, or dish detergent to help fade the color faster. These methods can make your hair dry, so be sure to use a conditioner afterwards to restore moisture in your hair. If the color doesn't fade, I recommend that you go to the salon for a corrective color.

Aug 17, 2007, 05:31 AM
    Thank you PrettyLady. How much fading is reasonable to expect? If I really don't like how dark it is in general, should I expect to like it after a great deal of shampooing?
    I appreciate your help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Brown Hair Dye Turned Black [ 4 Answers ]

I Dyed My Teenage Daughters Hair Last Night. It Was Supposed To Be Dark Brown. Some Is Dark Brown, But Most Of It Looks Black. What Can I Do To Lighten It. She Left For School In Tears This Morning. She Thinks It Looks Gothic. Please Help.

Dyed hair turned dark gray [ 2 Answers ]

I highlighted my hair and it turned a bright yellow.. like Lisa or Bart Simpson.. so I was told to use a medium ash color to get rid of the yellow.. now my hair is like a dark brownish gray! How can I get rid of the dark gray look? Any suggestions would be great.. thank you

Help, hair has turned to dark when dying [ 5 Answers ]

Helpppppppp!! I have a dilemma, I dyed my hair last night and was meant to come out dark brown and its turned black!! Ekk Does anyone know anything that I can put on my hair that will make it fade a bit as I have to go to work tomorrow and don't want a ribbing. Shar Xxxxxx

Hair Dye Trauma! [ 5 Answers ]

Hiya. Please can somebody help me with my hair! I dyed my hair a couple days ago with a darkish brown hair dye but it unfortunately turned out black.:eek: Black looked awful on me so two days later I decided to buy a lightening kit and dye it a lighter brown. After sticking the lightener on my...

View more questions Search