Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pauline77 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 04:48 AM
    Contaception injection
    I had my implant out in June and on the same day I had the injection I should have the next one in September but iwant to start trying for a baby I've not had a period since June and I was just woundering if my periods will come back to normal straight way with having just the one injection if not how long will it take for my periods to get back to normal
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 05:22 AM
    Most probably not I have no dealings with the implant but I know depo will truly screw your system up good and proper you need to talk to your gp.
    Just remember depo takes up to a year to leave the system but I have known women to fall pregnant straight away but they are a major minority.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 06:09 AM
    CBW is correct. This form of contraception is very very good at preventing pregnancy... so good in fact, that even when you come off, it stays in your system for quite some time, 12-18 months typically. It is also very effective at really altering your cycle. It could be a few months before you return to normal. I had one injection and bled the entire time, as well as suffered occular migraines. I was never able to go back on any form of hormonal birth control. I wish you the best of luck. Women are able to conceive after coming off this drug, but as CBW said, it usually takes them several months.
    chelbel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Hi I have been on the depo injection for 1year I am 16 andi am in a relationship at collage today we were talking about the depo injection and my teacher said that contaceptive causes cancer can you tell me if there are any truth in that
    chelbel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 10:31 AM
    What is the chance that the depo injection causes cancer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Injection Or Pregnant [ 20 Answers ]

Im 18 years old and with a partner. I suffered a terrbible miscarriage back in Sept 2005 which had me hospitalised for 4 days.. Ive had the odd period here and there but they were heavy and I was hospitalised a couple of time. I decided to go back on the injection at beginning of June. I have had...

Depro Injection [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I had the Depro injection inAugust 2006 (worse thing I ever did) anyway I have heard it can increase the chances of infertility. I only had the one shot. I have been trying to conceive for 8 months. I had an early miscarriage in June and now trying again. They say with depro users there is a...

Depo injection [ 35 Answers ]

OK. I'm 19 on the 21st July, I'm in a serious relationship with my boyfriend ( 22 in august). I'm currently on the depo injection and have been for about 2 yrs now. I don't have periods my doctor told me this was a common side effect. I gained quite a lot of wait last year when I became depressed...

Contraceptive injection [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've been on the Depo injection for about 3 years now and stopped having it a week ago. I've read so many stories of women who can't get pregnant or that it took them years but then I've heard of some women only taking weeks or months. Within a week or two after not having my jab I always get a...

The Injection vs The Pill ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hiya guys, Im looking to find out about the injection, Im currently on the pill and have been for years but Im so forgetful, I havent taken it for 3 days now!! Ive been told there are bad side effects though?? has anyone experienced any?? Ive also been told that it brings you out in spots on...

View more questions Search