Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheraz04 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 09:01 PM
    When I login, A window Appears
    Hello

When I login, a window appears saying

Windows cannot find C:\Windows\Sembako-chzjkrh.exe. Make sure the filename and path is correct. To search the file, click start and then search.

There is no other problem in my system, there was a serious virous attack on my PC but I have removed it as a result this window appears every time I login with any username.

Please assist me in solving this problem

Regards
    Sherry
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Aug 15, 2007, 09:19 PM
    First check your startup group, (Start/Programs/Startup) if it's in there then delete.

If you don't see it in there then you can also try running MSConfig.
    Start/Run/msconfig (Be careful what you do in here)

Click the Startup tab and scroll down the list looking at the command column. If you see the program Windows is failing to load then uncheck the box and click Ok. You will need to reboot but that will get rid of it.
    sheraz04 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 11:56 PM
    First check your startup group, (Start/Programs/Startup) if it's in there then delete.

If you don't see it in there then you can also try running MSConfig.
    Start/Run/msconfig (Be careful what you do in here)

Click the Startup tab and scroll down the list looking at the command column. If you see the program Windows is failing to load then uncheck the box and click Ok. You will need to reboot but that will get rid of it.[/QUOTE]

I have tried all this, but it is not there. Please give me any other solution.

Thanks
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 16, 2007, 12:48 AM
    Can you say SPYWARE!!

Here's my usual C&P for cases like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben's maintenance tips
    When was the last time you did some serious maintenance on your system ?

System maintenance includes:
    Defrag
    FULL patching
    Virus scanning
    Spyware scanning
    removal of rubish files

Defrag is an inbuilt function in XP.
    Open My Computer > Right click C: > Tools Tab and its there.

To make sure everything is running fine run both anti virus and anti spyware apps in normal AND safe modes. (make sure that they are updated first ! ;)) (AVG is good and free AV)
    (A couple of good removal tools are Spybot and Adaware)

ALso an on line virus and spyware scanner is Trend Housecall

Just a note: actively running two AV's on one machine can cause problems.
    So if you are thinking about it make sure your current one is disabled first.
    Same thing applies to online scanners as well.

Removal of junk files is easy with CCleaner a free app that does exactly what

If all this fails then a repair install may be in order:

Here's the official Micro$oft way of doing it,
    and Here's one with screen shots.

Basically this installs windows over the top of your current setup.
    So you don't loose any information you already have.
    This lot should resolve your issue.

Aug 16, 2007, 07:45 AM
    Yeah but it sounds like it's been removed. The problem now is finding where it was starting up from.
    Go into msconfig again and click on the Services tab.
    Check Hide All Microsoft Services. (This is important as you don't want to shut down any MS services)
    Scan down the list... what you're looking for will be something that is checked, probably says Unknown for the manufacturer and has a status of stopped. If you find something like that and the name looks suspicious you can uncheck the box, click OK and reboot. If you uncheck a box and it doesn't get rid of the problem go back in to msconfig and check it then try another one.
    If you still can't find it that way it might be time to look at any BHO's that have been installed. That gets a little trickier though.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 16, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Bear in mind that running the anti-spyware apps will remove the registry entry that is causing it to try and load at start up.
    Also CC cleaner can be used to control the startup and also clean the registry.

Certainly sounds like the OP needs it

Aug 16, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Bear in mind that running the anti-spyware apps will remove the registry entry that is causing it to try and load at start up.
    Also CC cleaner can be used to control the startup and also clean the registry.

Certainly sounds like the OP needs it
    True... since it looks like the app has already been removed CCleaner is probably the best bet. I'm just not sure if it will check for defective services as well...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Viewing HTML as it appears online [ 6 Answers ]

Does anybody know a website where I can enter an HTML code and then check how it would appear online? Like, in Dreamweaver, you press F12 and it converts it all into how it would look online. Am I able to do this in Microsoft Word, or is there a webpage where I can enter HTML code, and it'll...

How to close all the childwindows(popup window) when closing the parent window [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all In javascript I need to close all the child windows that I have opened through a parent window Scenario: Here I will be having as many as child window opened and name given to the child window can not be tracked because each will be having a different name, and I am using 70 to...

Faucet / Diverter appears to be seized . [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have an issue with a Stanadyne shower fixture. It's a single control knob and a faucet with diverter for directing water into the tub / shower head fixture. Recently the unit has begun to malfunction in that as much water appears to stream from the faucet as from the sower head even...

Took in stray cat possible kitten/ appears pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

A few weeks ago, I took in a stray cat... She may be a kitten, she's kind of small and very playful. Recently, my fianc'e and I noticed her stomach was getting larger. She appears to be pregnant and she is not very playful she just wants to sleep everywhere around the house. I am not sure if she...

View more questions Search