Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    punkrock58 Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Aug 15, 2007, 08:50 PM
    Mental Health Depression
    Since the age of about 8 or 9 I have had been depressed and have had thoughts of suicide... there never a day that gose by just about were I don't think about it at least once... and a couple of months back a love one of mine "ex gf" hurt me bad I was in love with the girl... and I basically tried to commit suicide by over dose on a bunch of pills... ever since that hurt... the thoughts and depression have gotten worse... and since we broke up even before this... I seem not to be able to keep a relationship... ive been on anti depressants for about 4-6 months now and at first they seem to work... but after a while even after uping my dosage it doesn't really seem to work... and I hate myself and just about everyone around me... I don't really care... or is that I care too much... I help a lot of people out before I help myself... mainly emotionaly and help others go through there hardship... but I never ask or even mention mine... and even when people do ask me about mine I make it sound like no big deal... cause compard to what some people have to go though my stuff isn't... anyways... if any of you have any suggestions that might help me be less depressed or what to ask me some more in depth questions feel free.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Do you up the dosage yourself, or does your doctor tell you how much more to take? Changing your dosage and by how much isn't your decision to make, you know. The doctor needs to know what works and what doesn't.

In fact, you might have to switch to a different antidepressant. Sometimes with meds, a patient may have to suffer through three or four rounds of different meds until one is found that works. And the patient can get used to that one and need a different one. If the patient just arbitrarily changes the dose on his own, he could be messing up his body and his mental health big-time.

Please tell your doctor all that you told us so he will be able to treat you in a reasonable way that will relieve your depression.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 16, 2007, 06:29 AM
    Have you had an type of counseling? Meds often aren't enough and it seems like you'd benefit more from having someone to talk to.

Aug 16, 2007, 07:34 AM
    To Wonder Girl... Thank you for all your advice and yes I did up it myself... in all honesty now I just stopped taking them along with any other medication "Over the counter"... and next I talk with him I will

To LearningAsIGo... yes I've been to counseling.. but I've never really stayed.. lol so you
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Aug 17, 2007, 05:52 AM
    Maybe you should try to open up to someone which you can trust, surround yourself with people that makes you happy, I feel sometimes more depressed when I'm alone than when I'm with my family. Everybody need's a shoulder to cry on now and then and don't take yourself so serious it could influence your health negatively

Aug 18, 2007, 12:37 AM
    Marily... if someone asks me a Q ull give them and answere always best of my ability and such... just no one really asks the right Q's you know?. but you I know but its hard for me to not
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Aug 18, 2007, 01:02 AM
    Marily is right, you need a trusted friend or professional to unload on
    Be careful though, they need to be someone who won't betray you.
    Please do not suicide, there is so much good you can do and so many people who yo ucan meet and love and be loved by and help but only if you continue living.

Aug 18, 2007, 01:22 AM
    I know... thats the only reason I'm still here is my care for others... other wise I wouldn't I couldn't care less about me at most times... it seems like everything that I want... I eather can't have... or I want it to late
    JanetB Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 06:25 AM
    If you have a depression you need to treat it. Upping the dosage or stopping antidepressant may cause worsening of symptoms. So it is not a good idea to do these things by yourself.

I agree with above advises, you should be in contact with your doctor. You may discuss with you doctor possible treatment options: switching to another antidepressant, combination of two, combination therapy + medication and others. Don't give up. Depression is treatable, although it is trial and error until you find effective treatment.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Aug 22, 2007, 07:28 PM
    You got to decide, you got to choose, be determined to defeat this depression.
    And please, do not make any changes in medication without your doctor.
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Aug 22, 2007, 08:09 PM
    I'm pretty sure I have depression. My mood changes every day, one day I'll be hyper and happy and then I'll be depressed... and unfortunetly I went through a bad break-up and also tried to overdose. Talking to a psychologist about all this really helps me. It might take a while to find a person that you click with but keep trying:D . Forget about that girl, I know you love her, but life goes on and gets better, you WILL find someone better than her. Just relax and take life as it comes. Hang out with the people that love you and focus on everything positive, even the little things, it helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mental health (dreams) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my boyfriend has a problem with dreams. I want to help him. For now all I need to know is what exactly dreaming with water or floating on waters means? This is a constant dream, actually a nightmare. He has also dream with fire, him burning in fire. And other times, him floating on air. ...

Mental Health [ 3 Answers ]

What causes teenage depression?

Mental health [ 4 Answers ]

Hopefully you can help me ,I feel as those I'm going crazy I have been diagnosed as being schozophrenia. I don't believe it ,so I do all kinds of research for other causes of my many ailments. I believe that I have some kind of parasite living in me , I had had many blood tests done and fecal tests...

I need serious mental health [ 10 Answers ]

Before I get started I just want to say I'm not a pervert or sick in the head, I'm 20 and I'm starting to have feelings for a 13 year old, I'm just wondering how much pychiatric help I need because this shouln't be happening because it is very wrong Thanks

View more questions Search