Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NYSHOESLUVA Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 06:38 PM
    My boyfriend's ex girlfriend
    :rolleyes: Hi My Name is Christine,I have a boyfriend and we were together since feb.18th of this year 07.the thing is I am so happy with this guy,he is a great man but I have this problem.He lives with his grandmother and knowing that his ex girlfriend was with him for 4 years but now that they are'nt together,she still lives there with him and his grandmother (that is a problem with me!)i told my boyfriend that he has to get rid of her but he keeps saying (I know I know I will,I have to talk to my grandmother about getting rid of my ex)his grandmother told my boyfriend's ex that she can stay there until she gets on her feet but it's been 6mons and she still has'nt even looked for a job or a place to move in to,I called her myself and told her that this isn't right but she got nasty with me.. I know my boyfriend wants her out but I don't think he is trying hard enough to get her out(he works a lot,he only goes home to sleep since he works crazy hours).am I not making myself clear to him?I even got in a argument with him saying he needs to do something about this,what should I do?should I back off about her living there and just continue my relationship with him? :rolleyes:
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 06:51 PM
    He needs to cowboy up. Clearly the choice is not his whether the ex stays there since its his grandmothers place but what is stopping him from leaving?

The ex is probably eating it up that its causing problems in his new relationship which may be why she's not trying to leave.

It's up to you what you want to do. But if its causing problems you may tell him look I care about you and enjoy our relationship but your ex is still living with you whether you want it or not and I will not continue to date you while she is living at your grandmothers. Call me when she moves out.

Aug 15, 2007, 07:00 PM
    The reason why he can't leave yet is because he is working to hard at this job but this job is going out of business slowly and he is trying to go back to his other job which is better pay,he told me after he gets things going with this other job that he will get his own place or get a house and move me in.I know I might be over reaction but I just can't stand another minute that she is there,look what if he moves out and I move with him and we might want to visit his grandmother right,she is his grandmother lol but I don't even feel like I would be able to visit her at all since his ex still lives there.I know she won't live there forever but what if I want to visit her now lol can't even do that because that one is there.so

Aug 15, 2007, 07:01 PM
    and thank you for responding my questions =)
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 03:30 AM
    Hmm. Its just a really weird situation. If I were you I would be quite uncomfortable with the whole thing so I think your feelings are pretty valid.

He needs to make this something important. It seems as if he is going 90 miles an hour and is having a hard time slowing down. I would tell him that this is very important to you and you wish that he would handle it. This is really weird and unhealthy that an ex still lives with him and like I said she is probably happy to break the two of you up. All you can do is keep talking to him about it. Not nagging or beating a dead horse but I would just try to explain how uncomfortable it is for you

Aug 16, 2007, 08:14 AM
    That's great that you said that because lastnight I talked to him about this and I told him how uncomfortable this is to me and he seems to understand and told me that he will try to do what it takes to get her out of here,I ask him isn't this relationship important to you?he says yea and I know he doesn't want to lose me because I've ask him if he wants me to back off him and right away shouts NO please don't do this..
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 08:40 AM
    Does his ex pay for the place? Was there a contract of renting?
    How old he is?

Aug 16, 2007, 09:10 AM
    No she doesn't pay for anything at all,she just lives there for free.she goes out and sometimes stays out all night and she leaves her mess around..

Sep 11, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Anymore advice from anyone?
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Has anything changed since the last post?
    EDIT

Any updates for us?

Sep 13, 2007, 02:20 PM
    NO nothing changed,I talked to him here and there about it but he still says (I love you and in due time she will leave,just now she is going on interviews and waiting for calls to see if she got any jobs)i know he loves me and I also know he is a kind hearted man and wouldn't want to put anyone in danger by throwing them out,if he would throw her out and knowing she has no where to go there 4 she will be in the street so he feels that if he does that he would feel like he is responsible for anything that happens.I told him OK but she's better find something fast and get out because I'm on the border line with this and he says the same thing please don't leave me please bear with it and it will be taking care of sooner or later..

Oct 9, 2007, 05:53 AM
    Well my boyfriend finally told his ex girlfriend she has to leave,she said she is planing on to leave but needs to find a job first.. I told my boyfriend he should change the locks and that's it and don't let her back in ever again! I also told him I thought he would have change the lock and use his right mind,told him I didn't think I had to fight for his ex to leave and what the hell is wrong with him.he feels bad and that's why he is going to get her out and this time mean it before I go do it myself..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend's ex-girlfriend moved back [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriends ex just moved back to Michigan and she keeps calling him and trying to get his kids to want her to come back into his life and I am not really sure what to do about it. He swears up and down I have nothing to worry about but I don't if I should believe that or not... what should I...

Boyfriend's birthday [ 4 Answers ]

What should I do/get my boyfriend for his birthday? I don't want to throw a party, just do something the two of us. He likes music, but the only concerts he would like are way out of my price range. Thanks for your help.

Boyfriend's ex [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for awhile, but about a year ago we split up well while we were apart he was with another girl and they slept together a few times well we got back together and then I found out about her and she tells me she is pregnant and she don't want the baby. She wants...

X boyfriend's new girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

My x boyfriend is now talking to a girl at my school. This girl and I, we used to be friends but no longer are. At school, I will notice her looking at me and talking to her friends. I guess that she didn't know that I used to be with her boyfriend. Y do u think every time she's looking at me ?

Boyfriend's chat [ 2 Answers ]

Ok my boyfriend and me haven't been dating that long but we've known each other for 2 years. Our relationship has been going really good. We see each other a few times a week and talk everyday. We rarely fight and when we do we make up the same night. Now we also both have myspace accounts and talk...

View more questions Search