Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drewski74 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Remove a chain link fence
    We are removing a chain link fence. Should we leave the concrete in the ground? If no, how do we get it out?
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Aug 15, 2007, 07:32 PM
    Dig out around every post till its loose and pull it up. If you decide to leave the concrete just take a sawzaw and cut below the ground and just remove the pipe
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2007, 03:36 AM
    No, don't leave concrete in the ground.
    Dig along one side of the concrete.
    Exert leverage against the fixed side of the ground until post and concrete is lying on it's side.
    Break concrete from around post. You might need a hammer drill if doing a lot of posts. Post with concrete may be to heavy to move.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2007, 05:05 AM
    Well , I don't personally see how you would remove the posts, without the concrete. So dig around it until it is loose enough.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2007, 05:06 AM
    After you have gotten the posts and concrete out of the ground, fill with dirt. Then in a couple of months, go back and refill the holes to take care of any settling dips.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wood privacy fence with steel (metal) fence [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We are planning to put in a 6' wood privacy fence on the sides of our property. We would like to install a metal (steel posing as wrought iron) fence across the front at a later date. My understanding is the terminal metal fence posts would be directly beside but not attached to the terminal...

The fence [ 58 Answers ]

Should the United States build a fence along our southern border with Mexico?

Fence Line [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question about a fence line. I bought my house 2 years ago and there was an old wooded fence already in place that I hadn't gotten around to replacing because I've been working on other projects. The fence is in the back yard and goes to the back corner of the house. My new,...

Chain link holes [ 2 Answers ]

Yes I have some holes in my chain link fence, and was wondering how to patch them, there about 2 foot and are in the center of the fence

Add/Remove Programs doesn't have REMOVE option [ 4 Answers ]

In Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs on Windows XP Home, some of the programs do not have the REMOVE button below them. WHY not? How do I remove programs from the Add or Remove Function, when it displays the program, but when I highlight it, it doesn't give the option to REMOVE it?

View more questions Search