Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liam1847 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Removing History on Google
    Help,

I had a old screen name and I no longer use the e mail address attached to it or the screen name I had signed onto some dating sites, almost a year later I still show up on goggle search...

How can I get this removed??

Please help someone...
    Thanks
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Aug 16, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by liam1847
    Help,

I had a old screen name and I no longer use the e mail address attached to it or the screen name i had signed onto some dating sites, almost a year later I still show up on goggle search.....

How can i get this removed ???

Please help someone....
    Thanks
    I had this problem on a web site that I maintain for a non-profit organization. We had the name of a woman on the site who was no longer associated with the organization and she was still getting calls after we removed her name. Found out that people were finder her name on a Google page from when it had crawled our site a few months ago.

Call the dating services and tell them that your name is still appearing on their pages in Google and you want it removed. (You should also check Yahoo and a few other engines) If they tell you that there's nothing they can do about it then tell them you want to talk to someone who knows what they are talking about. ;) They will have go out to Google and schedule a rescan of the page. I don't remember how long this takes but it's not a very quick thing. There are other things they can do as well to expedite the process... it just depends on your patience level.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

Ever wonder how Google does it? [ 14 Answers ]

All that space! Gmail, Online docs & spreadsheets, calendars, Google notes, etc. etc. etc. How DO they do it?? Here's how :) :

Removing faucet handle after removing screw on top [ 7 Answers ]

My hot water is leaking.. I remove the top screw on the handle; the handle won`t come off.. should I try and pry it off or is there another screw somewhere that I don`t know about? This is a two handle-one spout faucet.

Google? [ 8 Answers ]

How come so many people can't figure out how to do their own research into topics they're interested in? Is Google still that much of a mystery?

Google [ 1 Answers ]

Recently the Google tool bar disappeared from my browser home page. I went to Google and downloaded and installed the bar again but it does not appear in my browser under the address bar as it always has. The suggestions on the Google home page don't get it to show up and Google doesn't reply to...

View more questions Search