Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ramholio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Convicted of a crime?
    4 years ago I have been arrested for DUI and Possession of THC, but all the charges were dismissed in the end. I read in my court statement, that 1st Offense DUI in WI it is not a crime.

When they do a background check on me, (which they said they would before my second interview) they will see all this in the court statements.

Do I answer yes, I have been convicted?

Is being convicted the same as being arrested or is being convicted being proven proving guilty in court.

Thanks for your help

Rami
    CorrieNB Posts: 78, Reputation: 8

Aug 15, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramholio
    4 years ago I have been arrested for DUI and Possession of THC, but all the charges were dismissed in the end. I read in my court statement, that 1st Offense DUI in WI it is not a crime.

When they do a background check on me, (which they said they would before my second interview) they will see all this in the court statements.

Do I answer yes, I have been convicted?

Is being convicted the same as being arrested or is being convicted being proven provin guilty in court.

Thanks for your help

Rami
    Conviction is not the same as being arrested. A conviction is only when you are proven guilty in a court of law.Im not sure what all they pull up on the back ground check but I'm pretty sure they can pull up an arrest record wich would show you were arrested for the crime but not convicted.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 04:53 PM
    I would still announce it. A DUI will still show up on your record. If there is a section on their employment application that asks you to state whether you have been convicted and you say no it looks bad. We had that happen a few times and the offense to us would have been acceptable however the person lied on the application and that was unacceptable.

I would just write yes DUI 4 years possession of THC. Only offense have been clean thus far. If they want you bad enough it won't matter and its long enough ago.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Yes a DUI while in your state may be under the traffic laws not the criminal codes but it will still show up on a background check.

The other crimes since they were dismissed are not a conviction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convicted Felon [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All I have a federal felony for Bank Fraud. I'm currentlty on probatin and It will end December 2008. So my felony will be on my record once my probation is over. Now I'm engaged and my Fiance' is enlisted in the United States Air Force. His orders will send him oversea's More than likely to...

I am a convicted felon [ 5 Answers ]

I live in the state of California so if anyone can help me please or give me any advive I would appriecate it very much. I am a recovering addict. I have almost five years clean. When I was using, I was a totally different person and went a little crazy, stupid crazy. Anyway, I was convicted of...

Natural Crime and Legal Crime [ 5 Answers ]

I need some help here I am doing a paper on Natural Crime and Legal Crime I need 1500 word and I am stuck at 895. Can anyone give me their thoughts on the subject?

Convicted of a crime [ 3 Answers ]

I am filing out an application for an organization that I used to work for and have filed out an application once before. There are 2 questions that I am unsure how to answer, because I do not recall how I answered them before. Convicted of a Crime/Felony? I was convicted of a crime nearly...

Convicted Felon [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a convicted felon. I would like to marry my boyfriend that is not a native or a resident of the united States. Is there a waiting period for me to file for his residency?

View more questions Search