Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 08:27 AM
    I am just curious, why the lesbians I have seen are all below average looking? And gays are above avg. looking?
    I am just curious, nothing offensive. Really nothing offensive...
    gayboy Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Sep 10, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Well it just depends on what you look for. Most people see a hot girl and think she must be straight, therefore you only see the below average looking lesbians. And with gay guys you only look at the cute ones so you assume that they all must be cute. But trust me there are some really ugly gay guys and some really hot lesbians. You just have to look more closely.
    Miss lovley Posts: 125, Reputation: 5

Sep 10, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    I am just curious, why the lesbians I have seen are all below average looking? and gays are above avg. looking?
    I am just curious, nothing offensive. Really nothing offensive...

Omg yeaa most lesbians are not that pretty
    But
    Gay guys are freaking HOTT but they are gay

Why is this
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss lovley
    omg yeaa most lesbians are not that pretty
    but
    gay guys are freaking HOTT but they are gay

why is this
    Lol, I know, I know... I have been curious about the fact... :confused: :rolleyes:

Sep 10, 2007, 12:39 PM
    I hate it.
    I'll see a hott guyy and start talking about him with my friends then along commes his boyfriend

Sep 10, 2007, 12:39 PM
    And his boyfriend is hott too
    kirriky Posts: 80, Reputation: 26

Sep 10, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Even from the ultra-religious posts I get a feeling that they do accept that you're born gay, or become gay at a very early stage.

Their only argument is that gay people should repress their NATURAL feelings, convert to heterosexuality, and be miserable for the rest of their lives. Only because from a book written over 2000 years ago, translated thousands times, with half the documents lost and re-written, it SEEMS like they say being gay is bad. Maybe 'wicked' means 'raping goats with a stick', not 'gay'? What sexual behaviour was accepted in that society?

So, straight people have a right to express themselves sexually, but gays do not? Why? Apart from 'because some guy said so' ? I seriously wonder whether fr_chuck is for real. I thought it was a satire.
    think_pink Posts: 124, Reputation: 5

Sep 11, 2007, 02:51 PM
    I'm lost if churches don't allow homosexuals then why do they allow gay people get married?
    fallen2grace Posts: 199, Reputation: 4

Sep 11, 2007, 03:02 PM
    You are not born gay. Being gay is a choice.

Sep 11, 2007, 03:09 PM
    Hun be proud for who you are!!
    Your happy about it
    Don't care what other people think , its your life not theirs . :)

Sep 11, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by think_pink
    im lost if churches dont allow homosexuals then why do they allow gay people get married ??
    They don't.. What kind of churches are you talking about?
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Sep 11, 2007, 03:57 PM
    There was a time when with out thinking I would have said being gay is a choice, but I know better now. My son dated a lot of girls but he was a unhappy person. From the time he was about 13 it was like he went from a happy kid to a troubled, confused and sad teen. It wasn't until he was 16 that I realized what was making his life so miserable. He was gay and struggling with the thought of losing everyone he loved because of it. When I finally realized, dealt with and got the nerve, I asked him point blank if he was gay. He became a much happier person when he found that his friends and I think more so I, accepted and loved him anyway. He helped me realize how stupid I was to even think it is by choice. Saying he was gay could have made him lose his friends and be tormented from other kids at his school. I could have turned my back on him and kicked him out. We live in the south and although there are a lot of younger people who are opened minded enough to accept it, there are still [B]many[/B who would rather try beating the gay out of him. Why would anyone choose to deal with all that? Answer is... no one would. As for me I would much rather see my child happy and gay than the miserable “straight” person he tried to be and who wanted to kill himself because he was gay. Being gay is by no means a choice and frankly it pisses me off to hear people say it is a choice. Even worse is when you try to make them understand the reasons a person would not chose to be gay and they still insist that it is a choice. A guy at work said if his son told him he was gay he would disown him. I told him, “You don’t really love your son then do you.” His reply was, “yes but…. “ I stopped him there and said,” Love has no buts…you either love him or you don’t. I firmly believe that!

Sep 11, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    You can remain celebrate, both straight and gay can and may.

That is a crock of Sh*t and you know it! Attraction is not just about having sex, it is what you think and feel inside. It is those feelings that will ultimately determine if you're gay or not.

Sep 11, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen2grace
    They dont..? What kind of churches are you talking about?
    I heard people saying that for example , elton john the singer and musician he got married to a guy few years ago , they allowed that

Sep 11, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bemani
    I did not want to be rude toward respected gays. but gay is not natural, it's just sooo obvious.
    can we call it an illness(do not know psychologically or physically)? like being blind. you can't make a blind person understand how beautiful fog can be. He may admit you but wont really feel it as you do.He can't understand. Gay can't see the beauty of the opposite sex(naturally should be able to). i don't say the blind don't have right to live but I just want him to respect the mejority. if he can't see, it is not his fault but he better admit that it is his deficiency.

I guess nature is “abnormal” as well since some birds, beetles, sheep, fruit bats, dolphins, orangutans and I’m sure there are others that have been known to mate with the same sex.
    americangayboy Posts: 220, Reputation: 38

Sep 11, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Actually, stonewilder, homosexual behavior has been observed in almost every know specie of mammals and many birds. If it occurs in nature, it's natural.

I love this thought that homosexuality is abnormal. Depending on which definition of "normal" you use, everything is abnormal. I could argue that evangelical Christianity is abnormal because it is harmful to many, many people. Homosexuals growing up in evangelical Christian homes are more likely to commit suicide than homosexuals who grow up in moderately religious to not religious homes. Also, do you really think it is normal to believe that some guy got bored so he created the universe, inspired a book that is historically impossible to explain himself, demand our obedience and then gave us an overwhelming body of evidence claiming he doesn't exist? You'd have to be a crazy person to take the Bible as anything more than literature.

The best part about this whole conversation, though, is that people are directly arguing with evidence. Would it make sense for me to say, "Blacks don't have to be black, it is a choice. If you really wanted to, you could quit being a black." At least you actually can change your skin color. The current data show that one cannot willfully change their sexual orientation; however, we see people changing their skin color all the time (most obviously Michael Jackson's lightening).

I am so sick of religious people. I know this will offend people, but I don't care what "God" has to say because the only evidence for his/her existence is millenia-old texts and a couple of more contemporary works that make even less sense than the ancient works (Book of Mormon, any book by L Ron Hubbard).
    FrOsT_bItE Posts: 125, Reputation: -2
    -

Sep 11, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FrOsT_bItE
    It's your choice. No-one should have to choose if you should be gay or not. If you decide to be gay then you shuldn't let other people make decisions for you. I don't care if people are gay or not, there choice
    What I mean to this statement is that people are not the one's who should tell others that he should be gay, or she should be lesbian. The only person who chooses who and what they are in life is themselves. People don't just go up to others saying "You! Be an electrician!" That person CHOOSES if he WANTS to be an electrician or not. Same with being gay. For example, person A cannot choose person B's life. Only A can choose with path he takes and chooses. See what I mean?

Sep 11, 2007, 08:08 PM
    americangayboy disagrees: Maybe you should read some unbiased literature about this subject. You hate us because we're different and by pretending we choose this, you make it our fault. Take some responsibility for your hatred!
    If you read what I said, There is no point of hatred in my post.
    Yes it is true that I don't support Gay people. That doesn't mean I hate them. One of my friends is Bi. He is a very cool person. Sure it freaked me out when he told me. But that doesn't mean I hate him. I just don't support his decision. Same goes for gay people.
    goldilox Posts: 46, Reputation: -2

Sep 11, 2007, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by americangayboy
    Actually, stonewilder, homosexual behavior has been observed in almost every know specie of mammals and many birds. If it occurs in nature, it's natural.

I love this thought that homosexuality is abnormal. Depending on which definition of "normal" you use, everything is abnormal. I could argue that evangelical Christianity is abnormal because it is harmful to many, many people. Homosexuals growing up in evangelical Christian homes are more likely to commit suicide than homosexuals who grow up in moderately religious to not religious homes. Also, do you really think it is normal to believe that some guy got bored so he created the universe, inspired a book that is historically impossible to explain himself, demand our obedience and then gave us an overwhelming body of evidence claiming he doesn't exist? You'd have to be a crazy person to take the Bible as anything more than literature.

The best part about this whole conversation, though, is that people are directly arguing with evidence. Would it make sense for me to say, "Blacks don't have to be black, it is a choice. If you really wanted to, you could quit being a black." At least you actually can change your skin color. The current data show that one cannot willfully change their sexual orientation; however, we see people changing their skin color all the time (most obviously Michael Jackson's lightening).

I am so sick of religious people. I know this will offend people, but I don't care what "God" has to say because the only evidence for his/her existence is millenia-old texts and a couple of more contemporary works that make even less sense than the ancient works (Book of Mormon, any book by L Ron Hubbard).

While I respect your opinion I just think this is a very uneducated response...
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 10:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by think_pink
    i heard people saying that for example , elton john the singer and musician he got married to a guy few years ago , they allowed that
    It was a civil ceremony, not a marriage by church from memory. Two completely different things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Did I make the right choice? [ 5 Answers ]

So yesterday at 4 my girlfriend called me. She said "i'm sorry" I said for what? She said you'll find out in a few hours... so I make her tell me what she's sorry for. And she makes me promise not to try and do anyhting about it to just let it happen. So she tells me she's in her garage with the...

My gay friends tell me my new love interest is gay [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone. Im new to this service. I am a 32 year old female, who has been dating a 26 year old guy for about 2 months. I met him about a year ago, and up until 2 months ago, really only hung out with him with our other friends. We both knew there was something there, had not had the...

H1 under first year choice [ 3 Answers ]

Hi AtlantaTaxExpert, My husband and I came to the US in Dec.2002 as F1 and F2. My husband got his H1B visa Oct 1.2006 and I am H4 visa holder. We had a baby last year and he is a US citizen. I still have not ITIN number. My question is: 1.Can we wait till early June to file jointly...

First year choice or not [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My status in 2006 is this: F1 to June, then OPT to 11/26/2006, then H1B My wife held B1/B2 Visa in 2006, she stayed here from 8/1/2006 to 12/31/2006, this January, she changed the Visa to H4 In 2006, my tuition was about 16000 If I file as non-resident, I can not claim my tuition...

Multiple choice [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with this question? Which of the following would be classified in a different major section of a balance sheet from the others? a. Capital stock. b. Common stock subscribed. c. Stock dividend distributable. d. Stock investment in affiliate.

View more questions Search