Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nikplay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Classless subnetting
    My instructor requested that we surf the net and find the solution to how to create a classless subnet.
    quasiomo Posts: 12, Reputation: -1

Aug 15, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Hi,
    Be a little bit more specific. What are you studding? As far as I know we use the classless subneting because there are not enough ips to satisfy everybody. For the moment we are using ip version 4- that is why you have the 4 octets in the ip.
    Soon ip version 6 is going to be implemented which is going to have 6 octets and much moore ips.
    U know there are 3 big ip classes :A, B, C. as well D (used for multicasting) and E (used for experiments). But we only use A, B, C.

Any way if you need more help let my know, you have to be more specific so I can explain to u.
    ChiGuyRy Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Google, "CIDR" Classless Interdomain Routing. Good luck
    siva177 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2011, 06:27 AM
    what is the importance of classful subnetting.not a matter try only classless subnetting.classful may be difficult to design.practically we are only using classless subnetting .for example if you want to assign 2 ip only in a network how ll you assign it is possible only classless only(/30)but in classful you use a predefined formats such as(class A-/8,class B=/16,class C-/24)
    siva177 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2011, 06:28 AM
    Any question regarding in ccna mail me at [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Classless Subnetting [ 4 Answers ]

How do I determine the maximum number of subnets of a classless address with the prefix /x? Example: Given the prefix /10, What is the maximum number of subnets? How do I determine this?

Classless Society [ 4 Answers ]

Is a classless society possible? Marx suggested it is under communism. It seems that his idealism exceeded the bounds of the attainable.

Classless subnetting [ 4 Answers ]

what is classless subnetting? is it similar to CIDR? can anyone help me? thanx!

Subnetting help needed [ 2 Answers ]

Please don't ask or expect us to do your homework assignments for you. Your instructor gave the assignment for YOU to do so you can learn from them. The answers to these questions should be in your texts or class notes. Or you could use the vast resources of the WEB to do your research. I suggest...

Subnetting for WAN [ 1 Answers ]

In a WAN situation can I have all routers (3 different cities) using Class B IP adds 10.x.x.x all servers at the 3 locations using Class B 10.x.xx.xx and work stations using class B 172.31.x.x but putting everything under the same subnet mask

View more questions Search