Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quasiomo Posts: 12, Reputation: -1

Aug 15, 2007, 07:06 AM
    Installing windows
    Hi everybody
    My question is about installing windows. So far I did that but only on a laptop ( my own).
    What I want to know if there is a difference in installing windows on a PC regarding the drivers for peripherals and things like sound, graphics etc... because the PC is made of pieces and I don't think I can get any drivers.
    xfsketch Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Aug 15, 2007, 05:54 PM
    The install will still work. Yes you will have to find out each device's manufacturer or vin# so you can find the proper drivers. You caninstall the OS then go to start menu on the desktop, right click on my computer then scroll down to properties a window will appear click on hardware then device manager this will show you all the devices and let you know if the drivers are there. Just click the plus beside each device to show the separate devices inside each selection. Ex: Lets say you have a realtech sound card #301k (not a real card) you would do a Google search for that sound card + drivers once you find and download the proper drivers file double click the downloaded setup file and it should try to automatically install. Sometimes you have to manually go into device manager right click the device you r trying t install drivers on, then select update driver. Follow the steps and it should install the drivers if they are the right ones. I would suggest using the same method I just mentioned but try the search for drivers online option in the update driver menu that pops up. But most times I don't have network drivers when I reinstall so u can't connect to the net to do this. Lol It's a tricky and time staking process. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing Windows XP from MS-DOS... [ 9 Answers ]

Im trying to install XP, this PC is totally DOS no any windows installed so no shortcut installation to make... Here: Everything are all set partition and HD formated... A:\>smartdrv (enter) A:\>e: (enter) E:\>cd I386 (enter) E:\I386>winnt (enter) Then when the windows files is...

PC shuts down before installing windows xp [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 80gig maxtor hard drive and DVD writer connected on the same IDE cable, when I want to install windows xp or ubuntu linux the computer shuts down. When I boot from dvd-rom window loads until that part of (starting windows) then it shuts down. When I run ubuntu live cd it fully loads...

Installing retro fit windows [ 4 Answers ]

I installed our first window.Every thing went OK,it took a while but it was our first one.We will be installing more but first I need to do the trim around this first one first. Does anyone have any tips? I did not realize how bowed out the sides of the window hole is on the interior side until I...

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME error when installing windows xp [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am Pradeep. I have a celeron 1.1 with mercury MB. I was running windowsxp for the past 6 months. Recently when I tried to re-install using bootable windowsxp cd the setup stopped saying that the : UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME with error code: STOP: 0X000000ED(0X812FBA5B, 0XC0000010,...

Installing Windows xp [ 2 Answers ]

If someone installed xp that belongs to someone else could they still get updates? Should it be registered in the owner's name? How should that be handled? Is it OK to register it twice under one name? Will it still work? Thanks.

View more questions Search