Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

Aug 15, 2007, 06:04 AM
    Filter Sand
    What is the difference between using pool filter sand and using play sand? Some people tell me they use play sand for their filters but I'm not sure. I'm the one that will have to deal with bad results if I use play sand. Any ideas?
    inchnhour Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by igottogonow
    What is the difference between using pool filter sand and using play sand? Some people tell me they use play sand for their filters but I'm not sure. I'm the one that will have to deal with bad results if I use play sand. Any ideas?
    I recently changed the sand in my filter they told me at the pool store that the sand was larger particles then play sand other then that it is the same (hope that helps)
    DENIS7 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

May 18, 2012, 04:18 AM
    Get 20 mesh silica sand at the lumber supply places much cheaper

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It's About a Muskin Sand Filter! [ 2 Answers ]

With in the past couple of weeks, I was given a whole pool with all the accessories that you could get, the sand filter that came with it is by Muskin leisure products. I have been looking online for any type of information on it but I have come up with nothing. There in no model# on it or...

Sand filter will not backwash? Any ideas why? [ 4 Answers ]

I have an older used sand filter, and a new pump hooked up to my above ground pool. We are just setting this up and cannot get it to backwash. We replaced the sand thinking that might be the problem. No luck. It has a plunger type handle at the top that says "pull out to backwash and run for at...

Sand filter manuals [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a used sand filter and pump for my pool. The pump in working great, but Im not sure about the sand filter . This is all new to me and Im not sure how to operate it properly does anyone know where to find the manual, It's a Muskin model # 72162-9 I haves searched and searched and can not...

Sand filter [ 1 Answers ]

After our pool is cleaned, an hour later there will be sand on the bottom of the pool again. What is the prob? :( :eek: :confused:

View more questions Search