Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mindfull Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2005, 09:08 AM
    Impossible to fix?
    Hi,
    One day I selected a document to print and the printer didn't respond, instead it said the usb device has malfunctioned. But I realised that it isn't actually the lead that has malfunctioned but the document for some reason crashed in the que list. I press delete document but it does nothing. It is impossible to delete from the list.

I reinstalled and nothing happened. I am out of ideas here and it is starting to **** me off since I really need this printer working.

My printer is hp deskjet 3600.

Thanks,
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 21, 2005, 09:38 AM
    Some things to try
    Have you tried doing a stop/start on the print spooler via services, I find that this clears most things? (services are found in the admin tools of the control panel)

Also a cold reboot should help, that's a shutdown and turn the power off on both devices.

Hope this gives you something to work with

Aug 21, 2005, 09:56 AM
    ^^^ Thanks.

I did that and it cleared the list but upon trying to reprint it said that the ink cartridge is low on ink and not compatible... which I find odd considering I had used that very cartridge loads of times before all this. Now I can't switch the cartridge round since the power button on the printer doesn't turn on, when I press it it just flashes quickly then turns back off. Maybe it is the lead? I know I've got the leads all set up correctly but maybe it has malfunctioned after all?

(Also the restart and unplugging didn't help, but appreciated the advice.)
    BossMan

Aug 21, 2005, 10:03 AM
    Sounds like your printer has gone to the great print shop in the sky.
    Oh well time to get a new one :S

Aug 21, 2005, 10:38 AM
    The printer is only less then 6 months old! Surely it can't of broken just like that, there must have been a reason.
    BossMan

Aug 21, 2005, 11:12 AM
    Could have died, but have you checked all the cabling, cartridge seating and drivers as that is where your problem maybe

Aug 21, 2005, 02:34 PM
    How can I check the drivers? The cables are right, checked those.
    BossMan

Aug 21, 2005, 02:41 PM
    Just go over to HP's site and download the most up to date ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A - "Good Time" impossible to find :( [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can download (or if anyone has uploaded) "Good Time" by the UK nu-metal band, A... it was used in the Nokia 3300 adverts back in 2003. It's so hard to find because "A" isn't a specific enough name for a band, so I can't find this particular...

Impossible situation [ 12 Answers ]

Impossible situation I’m 19 and recently moved back in with my mother after being away at college for 2 years. Although I was aware that my brother was suffering from depression and had missed a year of school before I left, the situation has become increasingly difficult. He has now missed 3...

Impossible Song [ 3 Answers ]

Here's a quick background: the song was recorded on German radio sometime between 1984 and 1986. That's it. Its driving me insane. The link: http://spiritofradio.ca/SongComments.asp?SongID=220 Here's some discussion on it: http://nwoutpost.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1344&whichpage=1 ...

Impossible co-worker [ 5 Answers ]

Help me. I need to stay in the job I am in until I finish college and move on to my new career. But I am having a horrible time getting along with the person I work with. I work at a medical office and we work together. I have felt she doesn't get the work done efficiently and therefore I have to...

View more questions Search