Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DAHogue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2007, 10:28 PM
    Feedback from HR RE 1st Interview
    Here is the feedback that was given to a Headhunter working with me in my job search from the VP of HR at a company where I interviewed. This was my first interview with them--the screening interview:

"Nothing definitive except that the “style” was off – which is a component that is very important piece of the selection criteria. I have had countless accounting/finance candidates who do not make a 2nd cut because of the style preferences. It is always quite challenging to get to the next level. They are hiring quality employees that fit the skill set as well as the style they seek. This is just one of those where most likely I will not get much else in the form of feedback."

I am not sure what this means or how I can work to improve my interviewing skills--can anyone offer advice or enlightenment to me?

DAH
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 20, 2007, 05:07 AM
    It seems to be you were offered a lot of double talk; in other words, they didn't know what to tell you. Which is just about par for the course IMO. Follow advise above which is a good start and a way to build on your own style.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 20, 2007, 06:12 AM
    "Style" is extremely ambiguous. If the headhunter caqn provide some more detail to define style. Is it the way you hold your hat, the way you sip your tea? ;) was it the way you dress, your body language, your agreesive/passiveness? Some of these things you might be able to change other things are just you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hinduism feedback [ 1 Answers ]

What are the historical event and figures of Himdusim

Feedback on interview after being unsuccessful [ 2 Answers ]

I've applied for a job, been invited for an interview but was unsuccessful. I did request feedback, but they haven't responded. Is it a legal requirement that they do respond? Will I be able to something about it?

Just need feedback [ 11 Answers ]

I have been married for 6.5 years, 3 kids (1 from previous marriage.) Both my husband and I have been previously married. After the birth of our first child (4yrs ago) I found out, from an e-mail message sent out from my husband, that he and his previous wife were into the "lifestyle" or...

I definitely need feedback on this one.Please Help! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi to everyone! Im new here and in serious search of some advice. Let me start by saying I'm a mom of two. My boy is 16 and my daughter is 11. Im 34 and raising my son seemed terribly easy compared to raising my daughter. I have lived in my neighborhood for seven years now. It started as a...

View more questions Search