Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skyy_06 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Everyone thinks I'm pregnant but I think my body just hates me
    Ok... here is my problem... a few months ago I visited my parents and my mom asked if I were pregnant. She said that I looked like I was and acted like I was and my husband agreed. I took the home test and it sad no and then I went to a doctor but he refused to look at me cause the home test said no, so I gave up and just decided I was getting fat and that is all there is to it... well just last week my parents came to visit and my mom asked me again if I was sure or not if I was pregnant and I said no. she insisted that I looked even more pregnant than last time I saw her and still acted like it... (I have the perfect basketball shaped tummy and I have all the signs). So I took another test and it still said no... I have my period every month, but so did my mom and my older sister and the test said no to my sister too and she has 2 kids... I don’t know what to think anymore:confused:
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 03:57 PM
    You need to go to a different doctor because you need peace of mind... That pretty much sums it up. Or I would insist that my doctor give me the test...

Aug 14, 2007, 04:03 PM
    My insurance won't pay for anything unless I get a positive. I don't have the money to just go and get the doctor to test me. The only way I think I can is if I lie and say I had a positive but I don't know if that is a good idea or not.
    beenaroundtheblock Posts: 37, Reputation: 7

Aug 14, 2007, 04:12 PM
    This is the real world! LIE and get over it. Your possible baby and your health is at stake here you can say "I must have read the test wrong" if it comes to that.

Aug 14, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Thanks, I might just do that and see what happens...

Aug 14, 2007, 04:20 PM
    My wife has reprimanded me. She says to try a free clinic or family planning clinic for a small amount that will give you a proper physical test.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 04:23 PM
    How about how you feel... do you feel pregnant?
    You don't have to tell anyone you took the test, then the next doctor you go to will give you one. A free clinic is a great idea...

Aug 14, 2007, 04:24 PM
    You have a smart wife... I should do that first... im just afraid to do these things by myself... my husband is always working and thinks I'm a baby cause I won't go places on my own... I just need to get the guts

Aug 14, 2007, 04:28 PM
    I feel pregnant I guess, I'm only 20 and not all that bright... I have read all the signs online and I have most of them and have had for the past 2 or 3 monthes... my tummy also looks like it has a small basketball that keeps getting bigger... dont know if its just in my brain or what...
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 04:28 PM
    You really need to go sweet. It will put your mind at ease whether it is a yes or no. You need to know.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by skyy_06
    i feel pregnant i guess, im only 20 and not all that bright.... i have read all the signs online and i have most of them and have had for the past 2 or 3 monthes.....my tummy also looks like it has a small basketball that keeps getting bigger....dont know if its just in my brain or what.....
    Most likely it is not in your brain. Just think of it this way, if you do have a baby in your tummy, then he/she will need care while in there. Get that care, ASAP...
    Then if it turns out you are not pregnant, then so be it. Tell the doctor you will be needing prenatal care sweet. He cannot deny you that.

Aug 14, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Thank you so much! Ill see what I can do about getting tested. I'm just worried that if my mom is right than that would make me at least 4 months and I don't want problems. Can you go that long and not know if your are pregnant?
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 04:37 PM
    I did, with my first, I have four and that was 13 years ago... I had no idea... had periods and everything for three months of it! Find out honey, you will be better off and so will your baby.
    FrOsT_bItE Posts: 125, Reputation: -2
    -

Aug 14, 2007, 04:55 PM
    You need to see a different doctor. Sometimes tests can be wrong. If you have all the signs and symptons then there can be a possible chance that your pregnant. So I strongly sugest you see a different docotr. No doctor should refuse a pregnany test.
    sarah1989 Posts: 154, Reputation: 0

Aug 14, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Keep us posted and let us know of the results :)

Aug 14, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Surely skyy_06 you have someone to go with

Jan 3, 2008, 11:48 PM
    skyy_06 WELL what's up?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jan 4, 2008, 11:46 AM
    I'm hoping to hear back as well... this is my first time seeing this post and it raised my eyebrows.

A pregnant looking stomach does't necessarily = pregnancy. This is only meant to inform, not frighten, but I had "that look" and turns out I had a 15lb tumor (ovarian cancer) when I was 19.

Hopefully, she found a doctor that can help.
    Starrviolet Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Jan 4, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by skyy_06
    my insurance wont pay for anything unless i get a positive. i dont have the money to just go and get the doctor to test me. the only way i think i can is if i lie and say i had a positive but i dont know if that is a good idea or not.
    That's pure BS that the insurance won't pay unless you get a positive because some women never excrete HCG in their urine, thus will never get a positive HPT no matter how far along they are. Maybe the best bet in your case is for you just to say you got the positive so they will treat you, bcause if you are pregnant, the longer you go without getting prenatal care, its not good for you or the baby

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's wrong with my body pregnant or not? Please help [ 2 Answers ]

Hi well I have been having a lot of pregnancy symptoms such as nausea, dizziness, weight gaining, I find myself to be tired more, my gums are hurting, sore breast, a little leaking of which looks like milk from breast, larger breast, weird pulling and numbness in my lower stomach, some white and...

Pregnant and my mom hates me [ 5 Answers ]

Let me start by saying that yes, I have been in some trouble in the past but the day I found out I was pregnant I knew I had to turn things around if I was going to keep this baby. When I (we, father is one of thos dead-beats) decided to have this baby I didn't realize it would be something my...

How do I know what he thinks of me? [ 2 Answers ]

I met this one guy a couple of weeks ago. Well, actually we met last year already, but everything we talked about was work related. We work at the same place, but we rarely work together... Anyway, we have now started going out. We went to the movies once, went for coffee today, and for now we're...

Don't know what he thinks of me [ 13 Answers ]

Hi! This is Neha and umm... I'm 11 n I really lik a guy and he's 16 ( I no 5 yrs older then me ) but I don't know what he thinks about me... n he;s miles away from me lik he lives in some other country... I don't think it will work out but who nos it might... help! :confused:

My husband hates me now that I am pregnant! [ 5 Answers ]

Ever since my husband and I have known each other I have said I want kids, he said he was not sure. I left the relationship (before we were married) because he was not sure and I was that I wanted children. Well, over the next year, he changed his mind about kids and proposed. We got married and...

View more questions Search