Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beingteri Posts: 27, Reputation: 6

Aug 14, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Manufactored Home Improvements
    I searched this whole site for the answer, but surprisingly it doesn't look like it's ever been asked. My father-in-law bought an older Mobile Home and is giving it an almost complete overhaul. He asked me for my "input/ideas" for the best way to run wiring between the ceiling and the outside of the unit??

Currently, it is wired so that when he enters the 2 bedrooms and flips the switch, it makes one of the outlets hot...He wants to have a light fixture or ceiling fan in the center of the ceiling that is hard wired and connects to that switch.

He has removed walls the previous owner added in to make a 2 bedroom place into 4 bedrooms, and has repaired all the drywall and applied texture...which I'm sure, if need be we could make a few small holes to run wires thru the walls, and repair it...but the big dilemma is how to get it from the top of the wall to the middle of the room where the fixture will be?

There are heating/AC ducts up there...not to run any wire inside them, I think that would cause temp extremes on the wires as well as create leaks going in and out of the ductwork. But it the best way to follow along the outside of the ducts? The ceiling is not the removable panel type. If you cut into it, it is totally noticeable. Does anyone have any experience in this area and have any good suggestions for me??

Anything would help!
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Aug 15, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Take this question over to the electricial guys,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Manufactored Home Repossesion [ 1 Answers ]

Why will lending company not repossess a home that can not be paid for any more? Homeowner does not live in home, home is vacant.

Is my poem good? Any improvements you can think of? [ 3 Answers ]

Silas The sun only shines on the other side of the world you know you love me. i know you hate me. Tell me your secrets. Ill tell you my lies. Take me home, so i can die. Love Me Hate Me Heal Me

Sales Tax on Capital Improvements in New York. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm about to finish a renovation on a small barn on my property. In all, I will have spent almost $20,000.00 My contractor has charged sales tax on the entire amount. I have not paid it yet. What am I supposed to pay sales tax on? Materials only? Is there sales tax on labor? I live in New York....

UPDATE to "money owed on condo improvements" thread. HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

THANK YOU EVERYONE! I have an update: I just received a check from him in the mail for $6500.00! Obviously, that's only about 1/3 of what he owes me. I'm happy to get that much but I have 2 important questions: 1) He wrote on the check in the "FOR" line "Paid in Full" If I cash it, am...

Money owed on condo improvements [ 12 Answers ]

I (foolishly) invested $13,000 in improvements in a condo with my fiancé (now EX-fiance). I also paid off a debt for $10,000 to his mother during the same time. He sold the condo and made a hefty profit but is refusing to pay me what I put into it or the money to his mother. No contract, nothing...

View more questions Search