Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 16, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Women are the best wingman for men hands down.
    I have to agree.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by where did i go wrong
    yeah it sounds simple, but yeah...
    ive turned into this self-concious, socially awkward loser, i hate it... i go out till sunrise every weekend, but by the time ive had enough to drink to have the confidence to go up to women, im so drunk that they think im a total idiot...
    ill give it a try tho...

i dunno if those questions are really worth answering. i dont really care about her at all, she is no longer the problem. this is about healing me...
    Man,

Alcohol is not the solution here... FORGET THE BAR... You need girls as friends...
    Not conquests... Just socialize - even if a work or hobby related thing.

If you are a good guy they will set you up. Trying to go to a bar
    And becoming Don Johnson (an 80's reference that may be lost on you but not to worry)
    Is a waste of time. You are fixated on this girl because she represents all women now... That is probably why she left. She needs to be part of your life - not all of it.

Keep me updated.. baby steps... but some kind of steps...
    Expert

Aug 16, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Make friends and be a good guy, have fun and others will have fun also. Be happy and females love happy guys. Get invited, and meet new people. Say hi to that cute teller at your bank. Do you have any idea how many female are out there just waiting for a good guy?? Boggles the mind. Go get a couple.
    pointoflight Posts: 3, Reputation: 2
    -

Aug 16, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    this is so common after a break up Believe me you are not alone (just go through the dating forums!!). Everyone has good days and then a bad day. Sometimes you are feeling awesome and hey i never needed that person anyway then you hear a song or something reminds you of them and bam you feel like you are back at square one. we have all been there and man is it rotten.

keep going no contact that is the only path to healing. just keep plugging along it will eventually get easier and in no time you will be able to look back on the relationship fondly but without the emotional attachment.

Are you finding other things to do? Have you tossed yourself into hobbies, friends and family? I always find thats the best after a breakup. I would just completely get absorbed so that I would have no time to think about him. I even started a ton of new hobbies and began dating again - that was actually a big helper it made me see there are other people out there and I will find someone else.

good luck to you!
    Will no contact work to help me heal and get over my ex if I'm just using it as a form of revenge against her? Will no contact work if I don't keep myself busy and I just sit there twiddling my thumbs all day thinking about her? I've been in no contact mode for the last 25 days.
    Expert

Aug 16, 2007, 04:19 PM
    pointoflight, Will no contact work to help me heal and get over my ex if I'm just using it as a form of revenge against her?
    Sure it will, but you wont be happy as revenge tends to backfire on us.
    Will no contact work if I don't keep myself busy and I just sit there twiddling my thumbs all day thinking about her?
    Yes it will but it may take forever.
    I've been in no contact mode for the last 25 days
    One day at a time.

Sooner or later you'll get sick and tired of being miserable, and decide to help yourself get healthy and happy. Your choice.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Aug 16, 2007, 06:10 PM
    Well all I can say is, your not alone. And mine lives 8 houses down the street. Advice for you? Work and zanax. The work will keep you busy and the zanax will at least let you get some sleep.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Women... Can't live with 'em. Can't shoot 'em.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Aug 17, 2007, 09:38 AM
    I totally hear you. I'm on month 3 of my ex and I identify with the good days and bad, ACTUALLY sometimes I have good hours and half days and then POP! Here she comes. I have been on the no contact program for about 2 months and it is really hard, but any communication may open up fresh wounds. We liketo think everything will be fine aftera couple ofmonths but it may just reset the clock andyou may be dealing with things even worse by now.

Basically it REALLY SUCKS, but your not alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'd like to know where I'll be in the next 6 months [ 7 Answers ]

Goodday my name is tolu I'm a male and I'd just like to know what and where I'll be in the next six months. Cheers

4 months is this right. : / [ 4 Answers ]

Please help... I had my daughter on the 16 of the 01 2007. It sounds personal but I still had my period for up to 1 month after she was born. Now she is 5 months and I haven't had one since not a single drop... it sounds stupid but am I going through early menopause? My sister in law did when she...

Trying for 8 months [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Well I'm new on this site and would just like to ask a question. Me and my partner have been trying to get pregnant for 8 months now, I have bought the ovulation sticks for the past 5 months and still nothing. I've even sat with my legs in the air for 20 minutes at a time after sex! Every month...

F1 opt for 5 months h1b for 7 months [ 1 Answers ]

f1 OPT for 5 months H1b for 7 months How to file my Federal tax returns.

Worked 6 Months In Ca And 5 Months In Ny [ 3 Answers ]

Can I file separately if I lived and worked in CA 6 months and moved to NY 6months and worked 5 months here? Is it better to file a certain way in this situation

View more questions Search