Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    partygod Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 07:40 PM
    I agree 125% with nikkicute... I know people, and I have family members who have been using Hydroquinone for over 10 to 15 years and they're fine... healthy as horses... Although countries like Europe and south Africa have banned it the FDA in American back it up 100 percent. And they have good reason to... hydroquinone is still used in china, japan, Philippines, india, the Caribbean, south American and many other places. Its maybe the best menaline inhibitor out there.

The problem is not hydroquinone. The problem is that in Africa and even some places in Jamaica from what I've found out, they get hydroquinone that has been mixed with other substances which produce an unstable and very undesirable effect on the human skin. Rash, redarking of skin, hyper pigmentation (you be come extremely dark even darker than before), muscle weakness, uneven skin tone. If you do some research online, what I'm saying can be verified. That's why when ever you're buying any cream and it says hydroquinone 2% or 4%, look very closely at the other ingredients, and do your home work.

I'm a person of color, and I use xtreme white from xtreme cream from xtreme creams. Com which is great, and I use the coca butter soap (with hydroquinone), lemon vitamin C exfoliating scrub soap, and the knee and elbow fading cream from Texas Beauty supply.

Two of the products I use contain hydroquinone, are the xtreme cream, Cocoa butter soap. And my skin is lighter, even and I love it.

I mean hydroquinone is not as dangerous as you all think... not even close... people use Monobenzone for crying out loud! That completely dipigments you and leaves you UVA sensitive for life! But if you were sunscreen you're fine... and another thing people talk about hydroquinone making you darker if you go out into the sun... WEAR SUNSCREEN!! Weather or not you used Hydroquinone WEAR SUNSCREEN!! Believe me the sun is not your friend... it ages you faster than drugs and Alcohol... you'd be surprised...

Any ways
    Stay happy.
    pnaybeauty Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 02:51 AM
    Hydroquinone is safe! In fact, my dermatologists continues to and will continue to prescribe this topical solution.
    nadine01 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 03:20 AM
    HQ should be used with great precaution. I remembered my dermatologist saying, it should only be used for 1 month. And after that, there should be a resting period. A stable, and high protective sunblock is a must.
    pnaybeauty Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 03:24 AM
    But its still effective! Use it, Rest then Use it again!!
    nadine01 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 03:48 AM
    Lol!
    PersiaForever Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2008, 11:29 PM
    Thank you for your fine post, I wish we had more reallistic post like yours... A+ Post;)

Quote Originally Posted by partygod
    I agree 125% with nikkicute.... I know people, and i have family members who have been using Hydroquinone for over 10 to 15 years and they're fine...healthy as horses...Although countries like Europe and south Africa have banned it the FDA in American back it up 100 percent. And they have good reason to... hydroquinone is still used in china, japan, Philippines, india, the Caribbean, south American and many other places. Its maybe the best menaline inhibitor out there.

The problem is not hydroquinone. the problem is that in Africa and even some places in Jamaica from what I've found out, they get hydroquinone that has been mixed with other substances which produce an unstable and very undesirable effect on the human skin. rash, redarking of skin, hyper pigmentation (you be come extremely dark even darker than before), muscle weakness, uneven skin tone. if you do some research online, what i'm saying can be verified. Thats why when ever you're buying any cream and it says hydroquinone 2% or 4%, look very closely at the other ingredients, and do your home work.

I'm a person of color, and I use xtreme white from xtreme cream from xtreme creams. com which is great, and I use the coca butter soap (with hydroquinone), lemon vitamin C exfoliating scrub soap, and the knee and elbow fading cream from Texas Beauty supply.

two of the products I use contain hydroquinone, are the xtreme cream, Cocoa butter soap. and my skin is lighter, even and I love it.

I mean hydroquinone is not as dangerous as you all think... not even close...people use Monobenzone for crying out loud! that completely dipigments you and leaves you UVA sensitive for life! but if you were sunscreen you're fine....and another thing people talk about hydroquinone making u darker if you go out into the sun...WEAR SUNSCREEN!!! weather or not you used Hydroquinone WEAR SUNSCREEN!!! belive me the sun is not your friend...it ages you faster than drugs and Alcohol ...you'd be surprised ...

any ways
    stay happy.
    partygod Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2008, 07:37 PM
    No problem! Any time! :)
    TerraPisces Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Hi,
    I've got dark spots on my skin left after acne and I've been trying to get rid of them for months now. I've been using Meladerm by Civant for 2 months (it's HQ free), and I've been seeing very vague results, however, my dark spots are still very visible and I wanted something stronger. So I've just ordered Lustra Cream that contains 4% Hydroquinone. I've been hearing lots of bad stuff about HQ, but I'm going to try it out and use sunscreen. Hopefully it'll work. I will get back to you. :)

Good luck to you ~~

/Terra

Ps. I'm a person of colour (olive skin), so perhaps I should've been using Meladerm for a longer period than 2 months (although they claim you can see visible results within 2 weeks), so maybe it'll work better for light-skinned people.
    afro13queen Posts: 72, Reputation: 5

Sep 20, 2008, 12:21 AM
    Ok I don't know if you have this question resolved or not... but I just thought Id let you know what REALLY worked for me! Like for real for real! Ive been through EVERY single cream you could possibly use(AMBI,PALMERS,BLACK AND WHITE,ULTRA GLOW, NADINOLA, and a whole bunch others I can't remember) Ok, well this is what I did and I hope it works for you. By the way.. I was dark skinned.. like a deep deep brown, and now I am light brown in complexion. Like Gabrielle Union's. I could go lighter, but that's the look I wanted to achieve... I used Dr.Varons skin bleaching system (Google it). And I combined that with Fair and White exclusive gel. Ive heard folks saying this and that ab Fair and White but Ive NEVER heard anything ab them "combining" the stuff. Now when I say combine, I don't mean MIXING. No! I mean do the 123 steps for Dr. Varons and thenapplying the Fair and White. *Now word to the wise: If you have ANY blemishes on your face or even the slightest breakout, GET THAT FIXED BEFORE YOU START THIS TREATMENT! Because when I say you will get light, you willl get light and one of the GOOD things ab being darkskinned is that you can't really see blemishes... When you start tis treatment and as you progressively get lighter, those blemishes that were not so noticeable will be FRONT AND CENTER... trust, because that's what Im working on getting rid of right now. So, if I were you Id stear clear of the Hydroquinone and try something new. If anybody has any questions, send me a message , I can email pics to PROVE what Im saying.. kk, good luck evryone
    riya2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 09:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    The best hydroquinone product I have used has been from Reviva Labs.

This was the hydroquinone cream I was using before I heard about lightening with natural creams.

It contains 2% in a NATURAL BASE not mineral oil.

The others you get from the store contains mineral oil, which makes active ingredients stay on top of
    the skin and does not allow penetration.

I used the Brown Spot night cream 2%hq and the Day lightening cream which contains 1%hq +mulberry + 15spf.

When you use both you are going to get LIGHT!!!

They work really,really well.
    I was looking good!!

The difference was like two and half shade. And with a 2% cream at that!!

Because of the vegatable base the hydroquinone can really get into the skin.

If you try it you won't believe a 2% cream could work so well.

That is why people always want to go higher than 2% because they think a 2% is not enough.

Hydroquinone is not dangerous at all. It has been used for MANY years as a skin lightener.

The thing is it's just for short term use, not long term. I've been reading that short term is actually
    A YEAR !!! lol

You have to with all skin lighteners USE SUNSCREEN !!! ALWAYS.

People should be using it regardless if your into skin lightening or not.

And a little bit goes a long way. I like the way the Brown Spot cream spread very easily on the face.

This is the fastest hq cream that I know of.

The prices can't be beat!!

Brown Spot Skin
    Lightening Night Cream 1oz $10.00

Skin Lightener Day Cream 1.5oz $12.00

New Brown Spot Gel
    w/Glycolic Acid 1.25oz $11.00

Brighten & Lighten Facial Cleanser $8.50
    8oz (this cleanser must be new cause I have never seen it before)

Reviva Labs - The Natural Skin Care Authority
    Hi Nikki!
    I am new to this site... and I was reading through your what you rote... the creams sound really good. I was wondering- when you said that use both the creams, did you mean use it at different times or use them together.. can u explain how you do it? Recently, a couple of pimples left spots on my face and they are really dark. It never happened before and I really want something that works... also, do you think that the Kojic soap works? Have you ever used it? One last question :o... how long did it take to see the results with the two creams you used ( the Skin lightner day cream and the brown spot cream)?
    THANK U SO MUCH... :D ill be looking forward to your answer

Jul 29, 2009, 09:52 AM

This was the hydroquinone cream I was using before I heard about lightening with natural creams.

The others you get from the store contains mineral oil, which makes active ingredients stay on top of

I used the Brown Spot night cream 2%hq and the Day lightening cream which contains 1%hq +mulberry + 15spf.

I was looking good!!

That is why people always want to go higher than 2% because they think a 2% is not enough.

Hydroquinone is not dangerous at all. It has been used for MANY years as a skin lightener.

The thing is it's just for short term use, not long term. I've been reading that short term is actually
    A YEAR !!! lol

And a little bit goes a long way. I like the way the Brown Spot cream spread very easily on the face.

Brown Spot Skin

New Brown Spot Gel

Hi Nikki!
    I am new to this site... and I was reading through your what you rote... the creams sound really good. I was wondering- when you said that use both the creams, did you mean use it at different times or use them together.. can u explain how you do it? Recently, a couple of pimples left spots on my face and they are really dark. It never happened before and I really want something that works.. how long did it take to see the results with the two creams you used ( the Skin lightner day cream and the brown spot cream)? Do u think they will fade out the dark spots left on mi skin.
    THANK U SO MUCH... :D ill be looking forward to your answer

Oh by the way guys, the only skin lightening cream I have used is rico and it does contain hydroquinone but I am not sure how much... and it has worked a little bit but not as much as I wanted it to!

Jul 29, 2009, 09:53 AM

I was looking good!!

A YEAR !!! lol

Brown Spot Skin

New Brown Spot Gel

Hey Nikki!
    I am new to this site... and I was reading through your what you rote... the creams sound really good. I was wondering- when you said that use both the creams, did you mean use it at different times or use them together.. can u explain how you do it? Recently, a couple of pimples left spots on my face and they are really dark. It never happened before and I really want something that works.. how long did it take to see the results with the two creams you used ( the Skin lightner day cream and the brown spot cream)? Do u think they will fade out the dark spots left on mi skin.
    THANK U SO MUCH... :D

Oh by the way guys, the only skin lightening cream I have used is rico and it does contain hydroquinone but I am not sure how much... and it has worked a little bit but not as much as I wanted it to!

Jul 29, 2009, 10:04 AM

Eeek!! I AM SOOO SORRY GUYS... I posted it like a million times... I didn't realize it until I checked... I tried to delete them but I couldn't find the delete button... again I am really sorrry...
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Jul 29, 2009, 07:25 PM

I saw a product on TV called murad that contains 2% hydroquinone. It's expensive though

Jul 30, 2009, 08:57 AM

Oh its OK but thanks!
    ladydanielle Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by afro13queen View Post
    Ok I dont know if you have this question resolved or not...but I just thought Id let you know what REALLY worked for me!! Like for real for real! Ive been through EVERY single cream you could possibly use(AMBI,PALMERS,BLACK AND WHITE,ULTRA GLOW, NADINOLA, and a whole bunch others I can't remember) Ok, well this is what I did and I hope it works for you. By the way..I was dark skinned..like a deep deep brown, and now I am light brown in complexion. like Gabrielle Union's. I could go lighter, but thats the look I wanted to acheive...I used Dr.Varons skin bleaching system (Google it). and I combined that with Fair and White exclusive gel. Ive heard folks saying this and that ab Fair and White but Ive NEVER heard anything ab them "combining" the stuff. Now when I say combine, I dont mean MIXING. No! I mean do the 123 steps for Dr. Varons and thenapplying the Fair and White. *Now word to the wise: If you have ANY blemishes on your face or even the slightest breakout, GET THAT FIXED BEFORE YOU START THIS TREATMENT!! Because when I say you will get light, you willl get light and one of the GOOD things ab being darkskinned is that you can't really see blemishes...When you start tis treatment and as you progressively get lighter, those blemishes that were not so noticeable will be FRONT AND CENTER...trust, because thats what Im working on getting rid of right now. So, if I were you Id stear clear of the Hydroquinone and try something new. If anybody has any questions, send me a message , I can email pics to PROVE wat Im saying..kk, good luck evryone

Fair and white contains hq
    ladydanielle Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by XOXOlove View Post
    i saw a product on tv called murad that contains 2% hydroquinone. it's expensive though
    Murad is an amazing skin care line formulated by a dermatologist. Just as good as kinerase or perricone. You get what you pay for, for the most part unless its some scammy company which murad is not.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Aug 2, 2009, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ladydanielle View Post
    murad is an amazing skin care line formulated by a dermatologist. Just as good as kinerase or perricone. You get what you pay for, for the most part unless its some scammy company which murad is not.
    Yeah but I think it's mainly for people who want to even their skin tone. I don't think it's a scammy product because a lot of people use it. I just wouldn't want to spend that much money on a product.
    vivipalm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 11:43 PM
    You can buy 3%hydroquino in exta strength nadinola and many more 2% over the counters at wal mart ,target almost at all phamacy. Any thing higher you go to a dr. i have been using tretinoin cream 0.025% for 5 month and now i am on the tretinoin gel 0.025% and antibotic for acne my skin has cleared up it is very smooth .i am now using extra strength nadinola 3%. My dr. want to put me on on 5%skin bleach to work faster for for scarring and spots on my face but i choo i am proud to say that the tretinoin cream and gel please to go on aless % be cause i am not in a hurry because this didn't not happen over night. My face was horrible but now it smooth clear. It looks great. I can say the tretioin cream and gel plus a skin bleach has worked great for my skin . Gold n beautiful

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hydroquinone [ 4 Answers ]

Please read the other topics I wrote, this one can you delete moderator, I start to write and sudenly just click the button, my fault :) Read my other topic:) Bye

Hydroquinone [ 22 Answers ]

Hi Im new to this site. And Ive been reading some posts. In my experience a lot of over the counter bleaching brands don't help because at the most they have 2% hydroquinone and that is not enough for people such as african-americans with highly pigmented skin. I suggest going to a dermatologist....

Safe Percentage Of Hydroquinone [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, Ok here's the deal. My face is a light brown complexion BUT... my eyelids are still brown. I've tried kojic acid, makari, hypercreme and I can't for the love of god lighten my eyelids. So I thought 'ah a small percentage of hydroquinone should help''. I don't know of any safe creams...

IS hydroquinone really that Bad? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know about you guys but I'm really getting tired of searching for a skin lightning product that actually works, I mean I've probabley searched every where, read every forum and article about skin lightning, and I'venoticed that the products that people are saying really works are the one's...

Hydroquinone 2% [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Lots of beauty creams for dark skin contain hydroquinone 2%.word is being passed around that this chemical is accumulative and can damage the kidneys. Can anyone verify the authenticity of this claim?is it science or myth?

View more questions Search