Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajulierg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 08:49 PM
    US Immigrant-Canada Travel
    What type of ID's are needed for US Green card holders travelling to Canada by car?
    Is passport required or would green card be sufficient?
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Aug 14, 2007, 06:48 AM
    Take The Passport!
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 07:21 AM
    Actually according to the Canadian Consulate in the US the green card is enough. If you do have your passport I'd bring it, though I'm assiming the point of the question was that you don't have it right now for some reason.

If you want to be sure, call them, the phone numbers are in the second link

http://www.amcits.com/enter_canada.asp
    http://www.amcits.com/phone.asp

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H4 US visa travel to canada [ 3 Answers ]

Does a citizen of a third world country required to have a canadian tourist visa though he/she been living in the US for almost 4 years and currently holding a H4 visa? I will trully appriciate the replies... tnx a lot and have a nice day... :)

Convicted Felon Travel to Canada [ 5 Answers ]

I have a friend who was convicted of a Class I felony, and has recently completed his probation. He wants to drive up into Canada. Will he have problems getting into and out of Canada with only a birth certificate? (It's my understanding the birth certificate is good for land travel through the...

Travel to Canada [ 6 Answers ]

I plan to take the family to visit some friends in Canada this Easter and was wondering if there are any special documentation I'm going to need when: From US to Canada: - Leaving the US - Entering Canada From Canada to US on the way back: - Leaving Canada - Entering the US

Travel to Canada [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Canadian,living in the U.S. with a permanent residence card.Do I need a passport to go back into Canadato visit, And if so how do I get one.

View more questions Search