Ask
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Aug 15, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine
    The solution to population growth and overpopulation is simple:

Marry only ugly people.

Elliot
    But what of

tomder55 agrees: unless they intend to look for wives outside of the country... or 30 million horny men makes for an aggressive military.

:)

The Left's Global Warming Solution: No More Children! - HUMAN EVENTS

Grace and Peace
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Aug 16, 2007, 07:37 AM
    People, people, people! You have all missed one very important point:

The adaptability of human beings to changes in their environments.

Humanity is the most adaptable creature on Earth. As a species, we can survive in any environment and change quickly to adapt to the environment as it changes.

I don't buy the idea that overcrowding is a major issue, because we will adapt to overcome the problem of overcrowding. Nor do I believe that global warming is a particular issue, even if it is real, because again we will adapt to our environment and survive as a speceis.

The doomsday scenarios put forth by the over-population crowd are no different from the doomsday scenarios put forth by the global warming crowd. There is no basis in science for any of it. It is all based on models, projections, and assumptions that vary widely from historical evidence.

All this talk of population control is ridiculous. The majority of the land mass and natural resources of this planet have not yet been used. There is plenty of room for population expansion. We have the technology to adapt any environment to our needs, including deserts, jungles, swamps, mountains, etc. should the need arise. We are not in any danger of overpopulating the Earth any time in the next several thousands years.

Stop worrying so much and just relax a little.

Elliot
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Aug 16, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Maybe the solution is to revisit the ideas propounded by Jonathan Swift in dealing with overpopulation and poverty in Ireland? His ideas were expressed in 1729, but just because the idea is old, doesn't mean it's not valid.

Growing and providing food to countries with exploding populations has been blamed as a significant contributor to global warming, and if the populations are decreased, then the populations would also consume less fuel. Just a thought.

Jonathan Swift - A Modest Proposal
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Aug 16, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rkim291968
    Hundreds of years ago, war and natural disasters would have naturally control this imbalance. Today, China needs to adopt polygamy, one woman marrying multiple husbands. :D
    That is allowed in Mongolia. One woman will often marry multiple men. I saw that on Discovery channel recently. Those poor, poor women. I have enough trouble nagging one husband to death. I couldn't imagine having to nag five!
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Aug 16, 2007, 11:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldieMae
    That is allowed in Mongolia. One woman will often marry multiple men. I saw that on Discovery channel recently. Those poor, poor women. I have enough trouble nagging one husband to death. I couldn't imagine having to nag five!
    Those poor men. They won't get it too often, especially, if the wife is prone to having headaches.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 01:41 PM
    You have that correct, paraclete. OVERPOPULATION is the world's number one problem. I have been saying that since the 1980's... **reckelss overpopulation**.

China is very scary... one fifth of the world's population speaks Chinese language dialects. They are over one billion people. Their rapid industrialization creates horrific air pollution from coal burning factories, etc.

I'll just leave it at that.

Many, many human beings are not interested in reality and responsible action toward our planet.

I saw a man on television last night who wrote a book on what it will be like after all the human beings die off on earth. Interesting! I wish I could remember the name of the book; I want to read it. It is remarkable how quiclky man made buildings will disappear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statistics population [ 1 Answers ]

A researcher conducts comprehensive interviews with 80 students at your school to determine the financial status of students in general at your school. In this example, what is the population? I don't understand what they are asking. How do I find the population when (I think) there is...

Population decrease [ 4 Answers ]

What would be the reason for a population in a country (for example China) to decrease (I didn't know what group to put this under)

World Population: [ 12 Answers ]

"The eugenics problem is one of hopeful realization of the urgency of the global population problem. What is needed is not just a reduction in rate growth but an actual reduction in numbers because many scientists believe that the point was passed long ago at which the total population can be...

Population Size [ 1 Answers ]

What is the minimum population size from which one can draw a random sample and have a 95% confidence level?

View more questions Search