Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Population growth
    Let's stop blaming climate change and address the real issue, population growth. Population growth, not global warming is at the root of our present problems. Windmills and solar power stations will not do anything to stop population growth. China is now the leading emitter but says we must be allowed to equal the per capita emissions of the developed countries. The Earth is straining under the ever increasing population and consumption of resources, which in itself causes pollution and unsustainable conditions. The human race does not have the right to produce and reproduce without suffering the consequences of famine and population displacement. Either these populations are allowed to relocate or they are forced to die out. It's time to put the resources into seriously curbing population growth, this is the only way that emissions and global warmng can be truly addressed, less consumption means less emmissions. Less people means less consumption
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Aug 13, 2007, 08:26 PM
    Very good point but both of the problems need to be addressed in parallel.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Do you have any ideas about how to stem population growth?

I don't but id be interested to hear what ideas people have.

Aug 13, 2007, 10:48 PM
    IMO, the best way to control population growth is to improve living standard and social programs. Extreme population growth seems to be rampant in developing countries - Africa, India. Birthrate in wealthier countries are below 2, meaning population is in decline, assuming that life expectancy remains the same.

Another way to control population growth is stop the advance medical science... just kidding.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 02:17 AM
    According to figures released earlier this year by the UN, global birth rates fell to the lowest level in recorded history with the average woman in the developing world having 2.9 children, down from an average of nearly 6 babies in the 1970s. UN demographers also predict that fertility in most of the developing world will fall below the replacement level (2.1 children per woman) before the end of the 21st century.
    World population growth rate continues to plummet

Ok but environmentalists want us to go draconian on this issue so any volunteers ?
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Aug 14, 2007, 07:46 AM
    The solution to population growth and overpopulation is simple:

Marry only ugly people.

Elliot
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete
    let's stop blaming climate change and address the real issue, population growth. Population growth, not global warming is at the root of our present problems. Windmills and solar power stations will not do anything to stop population growth. China is now the leading emitter but says we must be allowed to equal the per capita emissions of the developed countries. The Earth is straining under the ever increasing population and consumption of resources, which in itself causes pollution and unsustainable conditions. The human race does not have the right to produce and reproduce without suffering the consequences of famine and population displacement. Either these populations are allowed to relocate or they are forced to die out. It's time to put the resources into seriously curbing population growth, this is the only way that emissions and global warmng can be truely addressed, less consumption means less emmissions. Less people means less consumption
    Yes, population growth is the main cause of migration, and [that] the main cause of border changes. Alias, we caught-up in a system that cannot be changed except at the cost of freedom.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 09:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    World population growth rate continues to plummet

Ok but environmentalists want us to go draconian on this issue so any volunteers ?
    It's only fair that those who advocate these draconian measures be the first to volunteer. Maybe the good folks at the Worldwatch Institute would offer themselves as an example?
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 09:37 AM
    The family plan in China is working well, but the base of the population is so high which makes the whole population keep going up. ( with a smaller acceleration:))
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 10:06 AM
    The family plan ;is that the one where they off their young daughters ? According to China's State Population and Family Planning Commission, “.by 2020 some 30 million Chinese men will not be able to find wives”

Report: China will soon have 30 million more men than women of marriageable age - International Herald Tribune
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    The family plan ;is that the one where they off their young daughters ? According to China’s State Population and Family Planning Commission, “.by 2020 some 30 million Chinese men will not be able to find wives”

Report: China will soon have 30 million more men than women of marriageable age - International Herald Tribune
    “30 million Chinese men will not be able to find wives”…

That plan should slow down population growth... :D
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 10:51 AM
    No, the family plan is "one child".
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    I could be wrong but dosen’t the, one child plan, have some qualification; for instance is the plan applied to certain groups, or a certain sex. I read something about it but am not interested enough to research it now.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 11:07 AM
    No matter which gender ? Although the state doesn't encourage gendercide they are well aware of the culture they rule.

WorldNetDaily: China battles 'gendercide'
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Family plan is one child, no matter which gender.

I see what you referring to, but "family plan" is to have only a child.

Gendercide is another issue(individual choice), I would totally ban it if I have this power.

Family Planning in China

P.S. gendercide is a way of crime if you get caught. Jail time again!:D
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Aug 14, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Paraclete-

Unfortunately in the United States under our welfare programs and tax credits system it pays to have children. Since Roosevelt's original program was introduced, the legistaltors added and abused it into what it is today. I'd say that those legislators brains have been fried, but it has nothing to do with global warming.

Bobby
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 11:49 AM
    tomder55 agrees: true but we have found a practical solution to the problem ;we make it legal to murder our babies before they are born. And here I am talking about China.

U need to do some research then. I knew that you have this misunderstanding about family plan.

We don't kill babies or doing abortions. There is a surgery done after you have your first baby.

Please do the research before judging foreign policy.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Aug 14, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Tom-

In regard to the United States issue, as you know, I'm pro-life with exception to rape and if the mother's health (life) is in danger. I'd reduce welfare and punish the guilty abusers with a ban for their lifetime.

Bobby

Aug 14, 2007, 09:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_crow
    “30 million Chinese men will not be able to find wives”…

That plan should slow down population growth...:D

Hundreds of years ago, war and natural disasters would have naturally control this imbalance. Today, China needs to adopt polygamy, one woman marrying multiple husbands. :D
    xfsketch Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Aug 15, 2007, 06:17 PM
    I may be hated for this answer but... I think the answer to over population is letting God do what he has already started doing naturally. I mean weather & natural disasters of all kinds have been taking thousands of peoples lives. I think that we have become way to crowded on this planet due to ignorant people having tons of kids they can't afford. I believe the government wasn't so quick to move on hurricane Katrina and other mass death situations because they see it as population control. How many people are starving due to lack of resources? People in need of healthcare that can't afford it? People in prison have you (overcrowded)? Our world is full of intelligent people who don't have kids until their late 30's or not at all, while more un-educated or as I mentioned earlier ignorant people are mating like rabbits and having children younger and younger. There is a movie called "Idiocracy" it's a comedy but it explains this concept very well in the beginning. I mean not to sound bad with this thought just would like to express my honest opinion. I know we are all special and God loves us no matter how intelligent we are. I just feel that we as a kind have been way to consumptuous with naturasl resources and until someone puts a limit as once was to how many kids one couple can have I don't see things changing without God intervening with natural disasters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statistics population [ 1 Answers ]

A researcher conducts comprehensive interviews with 80 students at your school to determine the financial status of students in general at your school. In this example, what is the population? I don't understand what they are asking. How do I find the population when (I think) there is...

Population decrease [ 4 Answers ]

What would be the reason for a population in a country (for example China) to decrease (I didn't know what group to put this under)

World Population: [ 12 Answers ]

"The eugenics problem is one of hopeful realization of the urgency of the global population problem. What is needed is not just a reduction in rate growth but an actual reduction in numbers because many scientists believe that the point was passed long ago at which the total population can be...

Population Size [ 1 Answers ]

What is the minimum population size from which one can draw a random sample and have a 95% confidence level?

View more questions Search