Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mark79 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Should I give her my proposal letter, she may go.
    HI, My name is Mark and I'm 27 years old. At the moment I am working and my girlfriend is 21 turning 22 in a month. I met her when she was 18 1/2 and we have been together 3 1/2 years. When we first met we both kind of played hard to get and adventually I got with her. After a bit I asked her to be my girlfriend she said no, if I was looking for a wife then I've got the wrong person, I was like well I'm not so this is cool we were intimate so of course I wasn't arguing she was hot as. This continued for a few months and I suppose adventuall we were just boyfriend and girlfriend. Time went onj and we had such a good reltionship I work ed afternoon shift at my job which meant I could only really see her at night which suited me I would turn up at her house and have passionate sex and we were also close so everything was going great. Anyway she lived with a couple of house mates and although she was very hot she did not have a lot of girlfriends and I think she relies on me a lot as her family lives distant as she is here for university and is now into her final fith year. Anyway after dating for roughly 18 months she surprise me one day, she often in holidays went home to her parents for a week or so and this was probably and has been grewat for us cause did make her miss me and gave uus some space. Anyway she returned one day after few days up there and said my mum asked when we are getting married? I said what did you tell her and she replied " I dont want to hurt you but i just dont think your the one i want to marry" I was shocked by thhis and couldn't believe it tried not to over react. Spoke to her later about it and she said well I haven't made up my mind what I want with you. Thinking she was only 20 I thought and said well you wouldn't know yet and we continued on. # months later uni holidays were on us and she had to go away to do some vacation work and just before she left she said to me your not going to dump me are you, I was quite surprissed and thought why would she say that not long ago she was saying I'm not the one she wanted to marry and now she says this, its like she wasn't sure what she wanted but wanted to keep me in case she found I was the one. So my story goes on she goes away and well idecided to not be totally available for her and thought with my absence she may grow to love me more, as her problem seems to be she is confused in love and when she misses me she really loves me a lot which I'm not sure if this is how it should me but that is her interpretation and the way she feels it should be. Anyway amazingly she went away and ontacted me very regurlarly and the after a while she said to me in a message I love You and her feelings ahd changed and she loved me heaps. She then returned and was very close to me yet at the same time she is a very reserved person and never really said how she felt which wasn't great but says she shows it instead. Time went on and she even started to ask where I would send my kids to school and was talking about having a long engagement and so fourth. Then 5 months went on we had now been dating for over 3 years and she drops bombshell telling me she needs a break and is not feeling that she loves me emotionally anymore. I felt that since I was more available to her as I had a new day job we spent more night together and she was to used to me. So after a 2 week break we wwere back on together and 1 mointh later she and its now been 2 1/2 months since then and 3 weeks ago she said to me I feel so much good about you now and everything seemed gret but sometimes she seem a bit funny like she is still thinking of the futrure. One of our close friends who is mutual said to me she sais to her that Mark is older and he needs to know what is going on and I am going to have to decide if I wantto marry him or not cause he needs to know so if I don't he can find someoine to be with. Anyway 4 weeks have gone by and I am writingthis from her computer as I have been at her house for the last three days, well we are away at her parents and I will be going home today she will be here for another few days Anyway I have bought her a ring to get engaged and have written her a letter which I've given to her brother and told him to give it to her tomorrow ehn I'm gone. She will need time to think as she always seems to need time and weighs everything up. I have been reading a lot onthis site and I realise my girlfriend is similar to some cases with guys who lose there girlfriens to a break when they are to nice. I notice if I am more distant from my girlfriend and busier she wants me more when she is unsure how I feel she wants me more. So by proposing it will show her I do want her and I am afraid it may make her start to believe she has me and go the other way. She may then go off me and I don't want this I don't want games but when I'm less available she always wants me. But I would like to know wher I stand so I have written a leter and I will put it here for others to let me know if I should give it to her. Ifeel I need to know at his stage in my life is this is what she wants yet I don't want to push it as I feel bad she is only 22 and that may be to young but I will be 28 soon and need to know where I stand but feel if I just ask she will say we are just seeing what happens. SHOULD I GIVE THE LETTER OR NOT , I WILL WAIT FOR ADVICE HERE IT IS...

To my Dearest.. Where do I start. We met 3 years ago and well at first maybe it was just going to be a fling but time has changed that. When I first met you I couldn't take my eyes off that awesome body of yours and I had to have it... We have spent some great times together going out with friends and having so much fun, sometimes I would wonder what brought us together. There's been times when I wondered exactly what you wanted and as time went on we've shared so many fantastic times. Ive watched you grow from the young girl I met into a beautiful lady. When you went away for your holidays I realised that we both had a lot of feelings for each other and I had the time of my life when I came to visit you and since yourve been back, I think we have shared many more great times. Over the years I've learnt so much about you and what you like and your one of the most amazing people I know. When we were at my mums for easter I have never seen you look at me that way before I felt for the first time you truly loved me although you find it so hard to show or say how you feel.

Over the last few months I've come to realise so many things and I now know its not just your body that I want to kiss all over and that sexy bum I want to hold in my hands, its you baby, its you that I'm in love with, you as a person, I want to make you happy and I want you to have a great life. Ive never felt this way about someone before.

I hope you understand the way I feel about you!! Its your decision to make and whatever you choose I understand as always you will need time...

Love... xoxoxoxox

Should I send it?? The present is a diamond ring...
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Aug 13, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Hello.

You can't do this in a letter. It has to be looking in her eyes or not at all.

Dennis777
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Aug 13, 2007, 07:46 PM
    You need to decide to send it or not. If you think this is the women you want to spend your life with just go for it. Are you asking because you are not sure what she will say to you? Well you may not know. This could be the beginning or the end. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.
    dcole Posts: 38, Reputation: 8

Aug 13, 2007, 08:01 PM
    Mark, You are calling this a proposal letter, but there's no direct proposal here. You have to stop dancing around the topic based on your fear of her leaving you. If you know what you want, ask her to marry you. And I agree with Dennis777 - it's not appropriate to put that in a letter. I think that's part of your fear of her reaction and/or rejection of you. To a girl, a proposal should be special and memorable - and of course, in person. Be confident in yourself and your feelings. If you are ready to settle down and wed, ask her. There's no method to your delivery that will make her change her feelings towards you. If you are afraid that a proposal will scare her off, and you're willing to wait for her, then I wouldn't do it (this is how it's sounding the situation will go to me). I would probably talk to her instead and let her know how you feel and that you want to ultimately marry her one day. That should get you your answer without being (possibly) crushed by a rejected marriage proposal.

Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2007, 08:12 PM
    I will have to agree, I don't see, I want to live the rest of my life with you, I want to marry you. But a this should be a personal thing not a letter.
    Mark79 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 08:27 PM
    I suppose I am worried what she will say she will probably says she needs tie to think about it??
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 14, 2007, 08:01 AM
    Like everyone said, this needs to be in person or not at all. You may be scared (like every other guy) but she has the right to "think about it". You don't want her to regret saying yes or no!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Research Proposal [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help me how do I proceed about writing a research proposal. Like what do I have to include in the background section of my research proposal. Please help.

Ex spouse refuses to give consent letter [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm planning a wedding out of the country and my x who has joint custody refuses to sign a consent letter he sees the kids once a year help!!

Dividend tax proposal [ 1 Answers ]

President Bush had proposed changes to the tax law to ensure that taxes on dividends are not paid twice. Does anyone know if this was ever passed? I've checked everywhere and all I can find are references to the proposal but not actual changes to the tax code. Thanks!

Proposal [ 1 Answers ]

How to write a software development proposal ? Examples will be helpful Thank you

View more questions Search