Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mohsin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2004, 01:08 AM
    PC hangs due to DVD playing!
    Hello All of you.. Well I'm kind of freaked out due to this hanging of my PC whenever I do play a DVD on my SONY COMBO ( DVD + Writer ). I have tried different softwares like " Cyberlink PowerDvD , NVidia Player , Windows Media Player 8, Real One Player V 2.0 " but of no use. Each software plays the DVD for sometime and then whole PC hangs and I have to restart.. I reinstalled my video driver too but again of no use. Please help me out and refer me about the problem and its cure.. Anxiously looking forward to your replies.. and yes . This problem started a day back.. there was no such thing before.. Thanks !
    sondunn1128 Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Jul 19, 2004, 09:48 PM
    Re: PC hangs due to DVD playing!
    Hey, can you tell me if your player is running in PIO mode or DMA mode?? Also go to the manufacuter's website of the dvd player and see if there is a firmware or software update. Get back to me man, I like to try to help. Also you said that it worked before and this just started. What have you installed lately? Did a virus scan or adware scan? Does it stop at the same spot with each player or is it inconsistent? Just get back at me...
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2005, 10:03 AM
    DVD help
    This could be a numer of problems, are all of your drivers updated on everything, including your OS.

Do you have enough memory, at least 512mb.

Have you run your defragger and disk checker, also run chkdsk from start/run
    then also use chkdsk /f option in start run also, to help with any problems.

Also do you have a good reliable Anti Virus program and if so have you scanned your system with it lately.

Also have you used some Anti Spyware programs to scan your system for ad and spyware which can cause problems.

And also run DXdiag to use it to help diagnose any problems with your system and dircet x, make sure it's updated also.

make sure your DVD is your master drive on your secondary ide.

This will also help problems, and make sure that your power supply is adequate, minimim a good 300 watts or more, I like at least 400 watts myself, a weak or inadequate or even cheap power supply can cause many problems.

There are many other things to do and check these are a good start, if you need more options to try, let me know here.

I will post many more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC blower hangs [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Heil AC and gas heat system. The compressor is located outdoors and the remainder of the system is in the attic. The problem is that sometimes the blower continues to run after the compressor has stopped and the delay time has expired. The compressor will not restart and the blower will...

CD-ROM hangs my PC [ 4 Answers ]

CD-ROM starts spinning and then stops repeatedly even if I do not insert any CD in it and computer hangs for a while during this process. Why is so ?

System hangs [ 2 Answers ]

The problem started yesterday when I open warcraft3.. the system hangs! I format my hdd,installed win xp pro service pack 1 thinking that will solved my problem.. but nothing happens,same problem occur when trying to play warcraft3.. I tried not to install the driver of my video card and it works!...

Pc hangs in between games [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I've an 860 mhz, celeron PC, with 128 mb ram. I ve got hw accelerator card.I had loaded a Prince of Persia 3d game in my PC. It ran very well in the beginning. But all of sudden PC started hanging in between games. Now this habbit has grown so strong that now even the dos version of it hangs...

Xp hangs when playing games [ 1 Answers ]

Im using XP, 40gb hardisk, 128 ram asus board , every time I play Battle Realms in the middle of the game my PC hangs and I get a message "microsoft just resolve a serious problem, would you like to send the problem". By the way the hardrive is partitioned and drive c: has 120 mb drivespace left ,...

View more questions Search