Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    01 CIVIC TRANY HESITATES Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Honda civic 2001 auto transmission Slips?
    I have a auto transmission 2001 civic that intermittently skips or hesitates coming out of first gear... but only the first time is comes out of first upon starting the car up. Basically, almost every time you get in the car... pull out of a parking space etc... the car takes and long "pause" before it gets into 2nd gear. Any ideas? I am handy, just ignorant!! :D
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2007, 06:27 PM
    The first thing I would do is change the automatic transmission fluid, preferably with a synthetic product.

This may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post552241

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Accord 2001 - transmission problem ? [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2001 Accord Ex automatic transmission with 64,000 miles. Since couple of weeks I see some problem in gear shifting. The problem shows up only for 2-3 minutes in the morning when I take out the car from parking. The car jerks when I stop. It does not go beyond 20 miles per hour. Yesterday...

Honda a/c 2001 civic lx [ 4 Answers ]

a/c worked great. Suddenly stopped blowing cold air. What gives? Do I need to re-charge the a/c?:confused: I don't want to pay a lot of $$$ to deal with this problem. I would rather fix it myself.

2001 Honda Civic won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My alarm is very faint, my dome light will turn on when I open my door, and when I turn the key in the ignition, the dash lights all light on and there is a continuous clicking noise in the engine. What could be wrong?

2001 honda civic won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2001 honda civic 1.7 dx manuel recently it was broke into and they stripped out were you place the key in the ignition. Well I replaced the ignition unit and connected all the wires to the ignition that I disconnected. Now the engine will rotate but not start does anyone know anyway I...

View more questions Search