Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Aug 13, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Acne and dry skin
    How do you treat acne when you have terribly dry skin? I have flaky dry skin but awful acne with tons of "pimples" or cysts. I need to moisturize, otherwise it gets really flaky, but should I moisturize around the acne?
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Aug 13, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Have you been to a dermatologist? They can prescribe treatments for the dry skin as well as acne. I wouldn't use store bought moisturizer, because it will have too much oil in it which will cause more acne.

Aug 14, 2007, 06:55 AM
    Well I use an oil free moisturizer. Does that make any difference?
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Aug 14, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegal
    well i use an oil free moisturizer. does that make any difference?
    That should help with the dry skin, but it won't clear up acne.

Aug 14, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Oh I know that, I'm just wondering if the moisturizer is going to make the acne worse, I know it won't help it, but I need moisturizer, and I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to upset my acne more, so far it's okay, but does it have an effect on it? I'm sorry I'm being confusing haha

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Skin lightner for acne [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everybody. I am new to this site. It would be great if you answer me. I have been suffering from severe acne for the past 8 years. So far I have taken treatment from 4 dermatologists. And to each person I sticked for more than 6 months. I saw no improvement except for spending money for...

Skin is dry [ 2 Answers ]

My skin is dry I don't have any moisturizer.. what kind of moisturizer do I need to moisturize my face?and I have a pimples too.. I don't want to use moisturizer that that can ad up to my pimples.. please and thank u

Dry skin [ 1 Answers ]

What can be done, for extremely dry skin, on my husbands legs? He has tried baby oil, but that isn't helping. His legs are sore, and red, with a rash.

Acne , blackheads! Scarred skin [ 1 Answers ]

OMG I have the worst skin I have scars from my acne acne all over and blackheads. It's horrible! I try my best to cover up with makeup but it doesn't even look any better because people always say I wear too much and it looks bad. What can I do it's really awful!!

Skin acne [ 9 Answers ]

Are there any herbal supplements you can take to clear up skin acne. I'm almost 24 and still breaking out like crazy!

View more questions Search